• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st 2 Madoka Magica Films to Play in Buffalo, NY

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flackenstien

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Ohey, I live near Buffalo.
Not going to see the movie though.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
And still no showing in Boston. Sad I'd be interested in seeing the movie, but not so interested that I'd drive 8 hours or so to get there!
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:

I'm sure that there are many, many people who live in, or near, Buffalo, who won't be going to see the two movies. Why should we care about 'em in the context of this article?

Sailor S wrote:
And still no showing in Boston. :( I'd be interested in seeing the movie, but not so interested that I'd drive 8 hours or so to get there!

Drive to Albany, and catch the train to Buffalo? ^^
Mirri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
flackenstien wrote:

I'm sure that there are many, many people who live in, or near, Buffalo, who won't be going to see the two movies. Why should we care about 'em in the context of this article?

Yeah, let's care about people like me who live in Buffalo and are going to go see the movies Smile

I bought two tickets already, one for myself, one for a friend, who I have already asked to see it... I have backups just in case though.

Apparently the venue is a "Brew n' view" type location - it's like a coffee shop sort of restaurant with a large projector screen on the wall. The seating is very limited. According to the official site, if the room is arranged all chairs, there are only 100 seats!

Buy your tickets as soon as possible, people!

EDIT:

Also, I'm surprised there have been no "New York, AGAIN?"s yet. The PMMM Facebook page has gotten a bunch in the three deleted posts with incorrect days of the week for the date.

Since like, apparently, 90% of the world thinks that New York City covers the entirety of New York State.

Even though this

CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quote
^ I think the its more that nobody give a flyin fllip about anything in New York State beside New York City. I have had family attend Syracuse University and known people from Buffalo and Rochester. Even the people from there hate the place. Why in the world are they showing it in a place like that. Tis a relatively small city where I imagine 99.99 percent of the population dont even know what anime is.

What are the next locations announced Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Cheyenne, and Bismarck?
Mirri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
^ I think the its more that nobody give a flyin fllip about anything in New York State beside New York City. I have had family attend Syracuse University and known people from Buffalo and Rochester. Even the people from there hate the place. Why in the world are they showing it in a place like that. Tis a relatively small city where I imagine 99.99 percent of the population don't even know what anime is.

What are the next locations announced Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Cheyenne, and Bismarck?

Because Rochester and Toronto are heavily requested locations and Buffalo is just about an hour (maybe 1.5-2 from Toronto if you include customs) from each of them.

Also, I'm like, Aniplex of America's second biggest fan (behind luffypirate85) and I live in Buffalo. //IAMTHECENTEROFTHEUNIVERSE
Naw, probably because it only costs $325 to rent the theater.

Also, yeah, I hate Buffalo too. But it's not bad enough to move. Real estate/rent are dirt cheap. Yeah, it's probably because nobody wants to live here, but that's a reason to want to live here.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 am Reply with quote
Black Friday
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote
@Miri: Does that put it next to Queens?
burnpsy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
If it weren't such short notice, I'd make the trip.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for a disc release or something, since I doubt they'll have a Toronto showing after having a Buffalo one.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
Buffalo is far. Good luck to those that live in the area. I'll wait until it's on DVD to watch or if they decide to stream it. I live in the metro area but I doubt I could get up to Buffalo on a reasonable day.
Mirri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
I hope this screening sells out. I'd really like it if us Buffalo peoples can give Aniplex a good impression so that we may get more screenings in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1