• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Entertainment Announcements at London MCM Expo Including Wolf Children

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Manga would have liked to release Blood+, but it was impossible to obtain the dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Manga would have liked to release Blood+, but it was impossible to obtain the dub.

could they have made is Sub only?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
This came up ages ago, long before Blue Exorcist.
Perhaps they might entertain it now, but remember that Blood+ is twice the length and is a much older series etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Well they are selling DBZ so things like length and age shouldn't even be an issue but if it's lack of dub that's making them not bother then then i think that's a stupid reason to be quite frank.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
..but DBZ is a lot higher profile AND has a dub.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
By higher profile you mean played to death and yeah back in the day i loved it but now i can't stand the sight of it also why are dubs sooooo important can't people read or something?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
They sell better, and anime in the UK needs all the help it can get.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:51 am Reply with quote
So if a + dub existed, why couldn't they get the dub then? Sony asking too much?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
Don't know, they just couldn't get it - whether that was due to the price being too high or just not being allowed access to it at all, I don't know.
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Wolf Children is a definite buy.
Without Blood+, Blood C is a non starter for me.
Ditto.

Course a UK-produced dub of Blood+, like Britain had a proper anime industry instead of recycling what the Yanks get first, would be too much to expect from 'em. Wink
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
They sell better, and anime in the UK needs all the help it can get.

Yes but it's not something that's worth 9 if production costs soooooo much then wouldn't 1 box set be enough?

also if "help" comes in form of needing dubs then we're in an even worse state than i thought!
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:25 am Reply with quote
Dubs let you experience anime as the Japanese would, in their own first language. And if it weren't for dubs you might as well watch fansubs.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote
faintsmile1992 wrote:
Dubs let you experience anime as the Japanese would, in their own first language. And if it weren't for dubs you might as well watch fansubs.

What with all the American localisations and replacing every "oh my god!" with "oh my gosh!", every damn with darn, and hearing the same fistful of voices in every show and what boils my blood more than anything is companies like Manga ent UK hinge most of their releases on having the dub which just seems pointless to me. also did you just lose all logic with that last one?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2