• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saiyuki Ibun Manga Resumes After 28-Month Hiatus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
It is a about time for both series. This excites me greatly. Just wish someone.. anyone would bring over the last few volumes of Saiyuki Reload... my shelves weep with sorrow over the unfinished series... Maybe Tokyopop and Righstuf Print on Demand? That would be the cats pajamas!
MPR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
Part of me is extremely happy to hear the good news, and part of me is a little apprehensive. Prolific mangaka are prone to a lot of illnesses and injuries, and this will announcement means she will be working on 3 serializations simultaneously.

Minekura is already known for how much love she puts into her work, but she already said she can't publish Saiyuki Reload Blast regularly because it's too hard on her. I'm worried this additional workload could worsen her health and put her back in the hospital.

Also, since both Saiyuki Ibun and Wild Adapter will be running in Zero Sum WARD, will she be switching off series every month?
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I'm so glad to hear that she's recovered enough to resume her series, though I do hope she doesn't overdo it. I love her artwork, her characters, her story. I hope now that she's resuming it, someone will license rescue both Saiyuki and Wild Adapter over here, seeing as how both licenses were originally obtained by Tokyopop and are therefore now floating in the wind. I have every volume of each that Tokyopop released, and I'd snap further ones up in a heartbeat. She's one of my Top 5 favorite mangka, I even have artbooks. Anime smallmouth
MPR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
Yes! I'm so glad to hear that she's recovered enough to resume her series, though I do hope she doesn't overdo it. I love her artwork, her characters, her story. I hope now that she's resuming it, someone will license rescue both Saiyuki and Wild Adapter over here, seeing as how both licenses were originally obtained by Tokyopop and are therefore now floating in the wind. I have every volume of each that Tokyopop released, and I'd snap further ones up in a heartbeat. She's one of my Top 5 favorite mangka, I even have artbooks. Anime smallmouth

Yeah, I'm hoping for a relicense too. Since it's published in Zero Sum, I'm kinda hopful. Some of the staff from Tokyopop that worked on Saiyuki now works for Viz, and they licensed 07-Ghost and Loveless, which both ran in Zero Sum. And Yen Press just licensed Are You Alice? this past month or so. With an anime adaption coming out for Wild Adapter and the Saiyuki Gaiden anime being released in North America, we might get some good news.

It does hurt that Karneval is getting an anime adaption this spring too. Maybe with all the attention Zero Sum titles are getting, it'll spread some good luck Saiyuki's way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1