• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Project Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Great news!

Sunrise better replace most of the stock footage. It was not a coincidence that Destiny was the last Sunrise show to air without breaks as Code Geass, Gundam 00 and Gintama were given breaks to make new animation.

Also, leave the director's cut OVA that remade the last episode.

What else can I say besides?

Last edited by sainta on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I am laughing right now. I just can't help myself.

As a guy who finds Gundam Seed Destiny interesting despite all of its flaws, this is definitly a show I will be watching the official subs on youtube.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Can they "remaster" it to not be the worst thing in the entire franchise?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Gundam 00 Season 2 already beat it to that honor.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

If you mean by keeping Shinn as the main character, I doubt they'll do that.

Oh well. I watched Destiny dubbed as it was airing on YTV. Might actually watch this, assuming they stream it like they did SEED HD.

If I want to experience a decent version of Destiny though, I'll just go play SRW Z again. (Hell, even Shinn's VA said he preferred Z's version more!)

Charred Knight wrote:

Season 02 actually had a main character and kept the same main character through it's entirety. It also had decent writing (albeit shoehorning in concepts that really had no place in it)

Destiny had a main character that had his role swept out from underneath him thus killing any development. Did I also mention the writing was terrible? Because it was.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

I always thought Char's Counterattack was that one considering what they did to Char's character. (Quattro Bajeena was my favorite character from UC and he turned into... that Crying or Very sad )
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Not even. AGE is worse than ZZ, Destiny and 00 Season 2.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm just waiting for that SEED Movie to get announced after this is finished airing Laughing
jl07045

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Liked SEED, didn't like Destiny, but didn't think it was the worst pos since ever. I'd like to see SEED remaster, but I'll pass on Destiny unless they "remaster" the story.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised at this announcement. Gundam SEED Destiny did insanely well in Japan, so it is logical that it would get a remaster.

AGE, 00 Season 2, SEED Destiny, Zeta Gundam, Wing, 0083. Man, the Gundam series has been the source of some absolute stinkers. And the plot of Unicorn looks like it's going downhill. Sigh.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Whether you like Destiny or not, to me, a good thing to come out of this is that they'll have incentive to make new models kits hopefully.
But, yeah, if they can reversion this into something that, for a lack of a better term, doesn't suck, that would be nice.

Anyways, at this point, I wouldn't surprised if they give us an update on that movie by the end of this.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to this! I love SEED Destiny.

All I hear from Gundam SEED Destiny haters are

- How dare they set the new character up as the bad guy?
- How dare they not focus on the old characters all over again even if there's nothing much to add to them?
- How dare they make the (supposed) main character angry?
- How dare they not repeat the cliches of most mecha series?
- How dare the heroes fight against each other?!
- How dare they give Shinn his own viewpoints (initially)?

The list goes on, just like with Kicker Jones in Transformers Energon. It's more or less: I hate angry characters! I hate angry characters! I want them to be goody good guys!!

*waves arms in girly fashion and squeaks in high pitch p*ssy voice*

Excuse Gundam SEED Destiny for being a little bit unorthodox and not following unwritten rules of how storytelling is done. It's one thing to not like the final product and how it was done, but it's another to dictate how everything 'has to be' structured. If you don't like it, TS, there's butt-loads of other Gundam series, quit being all nerdy about it!

Destiny is said to be bad because it doesn't have a main character but everyone seems to love Baccano! and Durarara! even though they each don't have primary main characters either and tell their stories more or less like SEED Destiny did. Talk about double standards

Besides, Cosmic Era as well as Advanced Generation are timelines that are style over substance series. Not EVERY Gundam show HAS to be a headache of politics and ideologies. Even though I love these as much as the next person, but it shouldn't be the ONLY thing Gundam does.

------------------------------------------

BTW: I've watched EVERY Gundam anime series (except G Gundam and SD Gundam) and read EVERY manga and novel. And I can honestly say in my opinon that WITP and 00's movie are worst additions to the Gundam franchise.

And while the 00 series isn't bad, it certainly isn't anywhere near as good as (most) Universal Century series, After Colony, After War, Correct Century, Cosmic Era or even Advanced Generation.

Last edited by TopGunman on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

00 season 2 isn't even as bad as the original SEED, itself garbage.

CE Gundam is an abomination. Nothing even comes close to how bad that AU timeline is. I'd rather watch G-Saviour than revisit it. At least AGE was just boring, CE Gundam is actively bad.

Lynx Amali wrote:
If you mean by keeping Shinn as the main character, I doubt they'll do that.

Shinn was never the main character. And it's a good thing, too, since he was horrible. He's bascially an undeveloped Kamille Bidan.

dtm42 wrote:
Zeta Gundam

Uh, but that's clearly the greatest thing in the franchise.

Last edited by penguintruth on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Hao-sama

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
The moment Gundam SEED was gonna be remastered, I knew SEED Destiny was next, and love it!
Of course, I don´t have high hopes that they will completely remaster everything as in SEED(I find its remaster satisfying but could have been better, still love it); regarding rebooting SEED Destiny? NO WAY, the plot is gonna be basically the same. I just hope they cut those unnecessary talk filling episodes, they cut some recycled scenes, remaster as much as possible and add something new or from the special edition.
I know what I´m going to get from this but I will like it, I just HOPE AFTER THIS WE GET THE FRIGGING MOVIE !!!

pd: just by thinking the 10th anniversary of Gundam SEED Destiny makes me feel old lol remember watching this series very excited as if it were yesterday, ah the nostalgia!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I am looking forward to this! I love SEED Destiny.

All I hear from Gundam SEED Destiny haters are

It's more so the fact that Shinn IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. So much potential for Destiny but they really didn't even bother actually trying anything new.
Cagalli and Athrun, possibly the most well-developed relationship in SEED? Shafted for Meyrin. Shinn and Stella? Went out with nothing.

Hell, even a possible Shinn and Cagalli? Not even a piece of that. (No, I'm not referring to romantic relationships. I'm referring to a friendship.)

spoiler[ Kira NOT dying after having a nuclear engine EXPLODE slightly below his cockpit, causing Athrun to be out for Shinn's blood, adding to their rivalry? And no, don't give me that "he disabled it' stuff that I've heard people say. I rewatched that episode again for a friend recently. The damage it caused to the nearby area is way too much for a disabled nuclear fission reactor.]

penguintruth wrote:

Shinn was never the main character. And it's a good thing, too, since he was horrible.

Pray tell, who is? Dear god, it's not Athrun. Dear god, it's not Kira. DEAR GOD, THERE IS NO MAIN CHARACTER IN DESTINY.

G Generation would also like to disagree with you. Shinn is the title character for Destiny. The Impulse, and Destiny, are also the title units for Destiny in Super Robot Taisen.

And Shinn being terrible? Not really. That's what I mean. The writing was so freaking bad in Destiny that Shinn, despite being the main character, got no character development whatsoever.

Destiny just grates my nerves as I really liked SEED.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8