• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Project Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Zeta Gundam

Uh, but that's the greatest thing in the franchise.

LOL. Never change, penguintruth. Never change. Your comical attempts to defend Zeta are amusing.

Even the terrible Wing is better than Zeta, so how you can claim Zeta is the best in the franchise is beyond me.

Lynx Amali wrote:
The damage it caused to the nearby area is way too much for a disabled nuclear fission reactor.

Nuclear Physics 101: fission reactors cannot blow up with the force of a nuclear bomb. It's categorically impossible. Of course, this is Gundam SEED Destiny where nothing is impossible, even the stupid things. Especially the stupid things.

Last edited by dtm42 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
It seems to me that Gundam X is the ONLY series that fans don't fight over. Everyone seems to love it as much as each other. I guess that makes it the most appreciated Gundam series to date.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Gundam Seed Destiny has three main characters

1-8 Athrun (the story mainly deals with his problem of trying to atone for his Father's action)
9-40 Shinn (mainly dealing with anger problems and growing mental instability
42-50 Kira (Mainly dealing with the fact that the fans really really like Kira)

Given the fact that all three are going on at the same time this is obviously confusing and overcomplicates things.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
except G Gundam

Sorry, your opinion is invalid until you have watched the greatest Gundam series
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Sorry, your opinion is invalid until you have watched the greatest Gundam series

Oh, you mean this series?

'Cause all I see are my eyelids because I'm cringing so much at its terribleness.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
TopGunman wrote:
except G Gundam

That's the biggest load of bullsh*t anyone has ever said. Pack up your bags and kindly leave the realm of 'people with brains'.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
That's the biggest load of bullsh*t anyone has ever said. Pack up your bags and kindly leave the realm of 'people with brains'.

>Can't take a joke.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
So this is turning into one of those threads, huh?

Now all we need is KLAC's input...
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

You are a sad, sad person who won't acknowledge the reign of the KING OF HEARTS.

LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!

Edit: And in Japanese
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

>Can't take a joke.

Nope. Not really a humorous person.

Besides, people who take cartoons THAT seriously are a waste of time and thought. The kind who are like 'What I like is the best, you must agree!' and they're all over the net.

Last edited by TopGunman on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote
People, please. There is not right/wrong answer to the best/worse Gundam series/character. "OPINIONS".

I personally didn't like G Gundam. And Enjoyed 0080 war in the pocket, and Gundam 00 season 1. I enjoyed Gundam 00 season 2 until the last 3 episodes. Those were awkward.

Anyways back on topic, I'm not surprised about a Destiny HD. It just doesn't matter much to me, cause I doubt they'll ever release these over seas. I don't do well with online streaming.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

Nope. Not really a humorous person. Besides, people who take cartoons THAT seriously are a waste of time and thought.

Absolutely positive that you can't pull the "taking cartoons seriously" card after boasting of having seen all of Gundam.

And you still haven't seen G Gundam, so my previous point stands.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
how you can claim Zeta is the best in the franchise is beyond me.

Yes, I do believe good taste IS beyond you.

Zeta Gundam has the best, most involved storyline, stand out, enigmatic and colorful villains, pleasing mechanical and character designs, great soundtrack, fantastic Japanese voice cast, and an unforgettable climax. It inherits the world of the first series very well and improves on it and is extremely gripping. It's a masterpiece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
And you still haven't seen G Gundam, so my previous point stands.

Wait, what? You were serious?

penguintruth wrote:
Yes, I do believe good taste IS beyond you.

This coming from the guy who holds Zeta up to be the greatest Gundam series ever. Priceless.

Kurohei wrote:
People, please. There is not right/wrong answer to the best/worse Gundam series/character. "OPINIONS".

Of course there are right and wrong answers. Some series are better than others, so saying that a bad series is better than a superior series is just plain wrong no matter how you slice it.

[Mod Edit: Incorrect. What's good and bad is subjective and saying "it's good because I think so" is not a valid argument. Art is subjective and just deal with it, because this "it is better because I say so and that is fact" is not going to fly anymore.]
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Pray tell, who is? Dear god, it's not Athrun. Dear god, it's not Kira. DEAR GOD, THERE IS NO MAIN CHARACTER IN DESTINY.

The main character in Destiny is clearly Athrun Zala.

And he's probably the only tolerable one in the show.

dtm42 wrote:

This coming from the guy who holds Zeta up to be the greatest Gundam series ever. Priceless

Hm, not seeing a lot of arguments to the contrary. But don't worry, maybe somebody else with an actual opinion will come along and you can piggyback off of theirs.

Last edited by penguintruth on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8