• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Project Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Wait, what? You were serious?

100%
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
The main character in Destiny is clearly Athrun Zala.

And he's probably the only tolerable one in the show.

Athrun went through the same arc in SEED Destiny that he went through in SEED, and I wanted to punch him in the face every time he opened his mouth with, "What are fighting for?" Athrun, you figured that out already, stop wasting my bloody time.

Fencedude5609 wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

100%

G Gundam is the best? Oh my, you've got it worse than penguintruth. Here, sit down on my couch and have a cup of tea while I call the men in white coats.

Last edited by dtm42 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TopGunman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
If this is popular enough to get the film sequel back in the works, then SEED will finally feel more complete.

I just wish they'd have found a way to get Gundam X back into the spotlight.

- Wing has a new manga retelling everything and a novel sequel.
- UC has Unicorn.
- SEED has these remasters
- Even AGE is currently getting sidestories

X feels like it's always left out.
Fencedude5609

dtm42 wrote:
G Gundam is the best? Oh my, you're worse than penguintruth. Here, sit down on my couch and have a cup of tea while I call the men in white coats.

Not my fault you can't see good anime when its right in front of you.
penguintruth

dtm42 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
The main character in Destiny is clearly Athrun Zala.

And he's probably the only tolerable one in the show.

Athrun went through the same arc in SEED Destiny that he went through in SEED, and I wanted to punch him in the face every time he opened his mouth with, "What are fighting for?" Athrun, you figured that out already, stop wasting my bloody time.

Better than "WAH MY SISTER WAS KILLED COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT DURING A WAR SO I HATE ORB FOREVERZ!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Can they "remaster" it to not be the worst thing in the entire franchise?

Gundam AGE already stole that dishonor from Destiny.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Hm, not seeing a lot of arguments to the contrary. But don't worry, maybe somebody else with an actual opinion will come along and you can piggyback off of theirs.

I've already said in previous threads why Zeta is terrible, I don't need to reiterate it again here.

Besides, even if I did you wouldn't listen anyway, and I know that from past experience (those previous threads I mentioned).

penguintruth wrote:
Better than "WAH MY SISTER WAS KILLED COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT DURING A WAR SO I HATE ORB FOREVERZ!"

Man, it seems like people are unable understand why someone would be pissed off when their entire family gets killed in a pointless war.

Shinn was incompetently handled but at least he was better than Kira, Athrun and Cagalli.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
OK dtm, for the record, which Gundam series do you actually like?
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Not my fault you can't see good anime when its right in front of you.

Wow, you trying to be penguintruth's sidekick? You two could make a good comedy act.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Good thing I bailed on AGE when the writing was on the wall. Namely, the beginning of the third arc when spoiler[Zeheart (sp?) turned into a ruthless villain who ordered his soldiers to slaughter civilians, in complete defiance of his previously-established personality.]

TopGunman wrote:

Be glad X gets left out. By keeping a low profile it has managed to stay out of the fray; as was mentioned earlier in the thread, nobody ever attacks the show or its fans.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
And you still haven't seen G Gundam, so my previous point stands.

In terms of overall writing, quality of villains, character development, and action G Gundam is the greatest Gundam series of all times.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I've already said in previous threads why Zeta is terrible, I don't need to reiterate it again here.

Besides, even if I did you wouldn't listen anyway, and I know that from past experience (those previous threads I mentioned).

"I CAN'T GET YOU TO AGREE WITH ME WITH MY TERRIBLE ARGUMENTS SO I'M NOT GONNA DEBATE AT ALL!" is pretty defeatist. If you're not willing to engage, then you shouldn't have said anything at all.

Step out of the ring if you're not willing to box.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
This thread, guys... seriously...

Now while X is my favourite and I think 00 is the best, I don't hate Destiny either. I certainly like it more than Zeta and Victory, which I have my own issues with.

Last edited by Vaisaga on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

X got a manga sequel a few years back called Under the Moonlight, actually. Link

And nobody really brings up X because, well, X is one of the lesser ones. It not only suffered from Gundam Overload, it was canned early and did poorly in model kit sales.

And with the CE timeline, they've effectively written themselves into a corner, both tech wise and plot wise. You have no else where to go in terms of upgrades as you already have Funnels which are a Final Final upgrade. (And before someone says Nanomachines, no. That's a Turn A and Phoenix Gundam thing.)

With plot, where else do they go? We've already faced two Super Lasers of Doom, with Two Psychotic Madmen. You can't really use the Astray cast as suitable rivals either as they've essentially joined with Terminal in the later stories (Still erks me. They should have Carnard at least continue to have some resentment towards Kira) Unless you actually bring up and it has some purpose, the Evidence 01 stuff AKA aliens (which 00 did first, albeit slightly...odd.)

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Nothing they do will ever make seed destiny better. It was complete trash. And this is coming from someone whos fine with pretty much every other gundam series (not counting age obviously because thats shit too)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

HitokiriShadow wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Good thing I bailed on AGE when the writing was on the wall. Namely, the beginning of the third arc when spoiler[Zeheart (sp?) turned into a ruthless villain who ordered his soldiers to slaughter civilians, in complete defiance of his previously-established personality.]

spoiler[His personality was whatever the hell it needed to be at any given time. What the show did with him never made much sense and by the end, I couldn't tell you what the hell his motivations were. And they kill him off in the second-to-last episode, at which point there are literally no other named antagonists left. The final boss is some test-tube super-soldier who literally appeared for about 15 seconds and had no lines before that final episode. And the final boss robot is the worst thing ever.]

But anyway, the show was already unredeemably terrible in the second act. And Natola Ainus's sorry excuse for a character arc is a sick joke, the capstone on the monument to misogyny known as Gundam AGE.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8