• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Project Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I was planning on getting Turn A as well, even if it was sub-only. One of my favorites in the franchise.

But alas, anecdotal evidence does not imply a trend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
thebluehammer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
now if only funimation gets the rights to the show from the dead bandai and re-releases it on BD discs ill be happy

I agree, it'd be awesome if funi or sentai got the rights! I'd love to get these on blu ray with the dub track Very Happy
Jeffro1503

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Nothing they do will ever make seed destiny better. It was complete trash. And this is coming from someone whos fine with pretty much every other gundam series (not counting age obviously because thats shit too)

If u don't like Destiny why are u even here? Nobody wants to hear you bitch about what you don't like, put a sock on it. Besides if Destiny is as trashy as you said how come it's getting a remake? Suck it up princess.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote
Jeffro1503 wrote:

If u don't like Destiny why are u even here? Nobody wants to hear you bitch about what you don't like, put a sock on it. Besides if Destiny is as trashy as you said how come it's getting a remake? Suck it up princess.

Its not getting a remake, its getting an HD remaster.

Also, its "you", not "u". And insulting someone by calling them "princess" is incredibly juvenile.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Jeffro1503 wrote:
opn wrote:
Nothing they do will ever make seed destiny better. It was complete trash. And this is coming from someone whos fine with pretty much every other gundam series (not counting age obviously because thats shit too)

Oh puh-lease. Like he's the only one in this thread who has expressed a dislike for the generally awful Seed Destiny. This is a talkback thread in a forum, ya know a place where people share their opinions? Why don't you grow up and learn to handle the fact that not everyone has the same opinion as you?

That aside, I can only wonder why it is that Seed Destiny did so well in Japan. Are the Japanese audience really so forgiving to a horribly written storyline filled with even worse written characters? My god, I will never get over how they ruined Cagalli in Destiny. She never gets a single legitimate gundam battle in Destiny, she just spends the entire series crying and being indecisive. What a far cry from the character she was in Seed. I just can't with Destiny. It took everything I loved about Seed and completely lobotomized it.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
Jeffro1503 wrote:
opn wrote:

It's getting a remaster because the show did so well in Japan. It is one of the best-selling anime of the 2000's by far.

And BTW, something having made a lot of money does not mean it's a quality show. If that were the case, Sword Art Online should be a masterpiece because it sold so well in Japan (30,000+ in week 1, to everyone's dismay), but it's not.

It's a mess full of plot holes, pacing issues, lack of cohesion, character rewrites, and Deus Ex Machinas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
metroid24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
nice i hope they release this remaster as well as seed remastered in america despite bandai is leaving america id love to add it to my collection
metroid24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:46 am Reply with quote
[quote="thebluehammer"]
Ambimunch wrote:
now if only funimation gets the rights to the show from the dead bandai and re-releases it on BD discs ill be happy

I agree i have faith funimation will aquire the rights to gundam franchise as well as other bandai series like code geass gurrenn lagann haruhei suzumiya ghost in the shell outlaw star cowboy bebop kurokami hayate the combat butler lucky star eureka sevan to name a few
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 am Reply with quote
Given the amount of content that changed in the latter half of the SEED HD Remaster, I'm hoping that they change even more in Seed Destiny HD Remaster and give it a proper retelling, particularly its latter half.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:45 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Can they "remaster" it to not be the worst thing in the entire franchise?

Age has that crown.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote
ask & you shall get indeed this showing is slowly the comeback of GS era.

besides it will save_us now besides all this going sure with lead soon talks of GS movie or yet the it will lead to the ascension of a 3rd GS series?

really yea this more to it than any of those try to counter give other 2 aka 00-ver rated gundam & PG-age gundam were fallen experiment cause same feel vibe of GS era.

so now with HD remaster of GSD indeed it's only matter til GS era is this generation of gundam world.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote
@dtm, why the HELL are you looking at G Gundam seriously? You don't even LIKE most of the Gundam series, you watch. Stupid=/=bad. But G Gundam isn't even stupid. As a person, who dislikes most of the Gundams he watches, what's the point of debating on Gundam topics? YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE THE FRANCHISE! Plus, G Gundam is not stupid. It's DIFFERENT, not stupid. You know jackshit about Gundam. Gundam isn't about pretty boys wanting peace, but going around blowing shit up.(Wing, SEED and 00). It's asking the question, can peace be attained. G Gundam despite being a super robot show has themes which are undeniably Gundam. Gundam has always been about understanding and war. In G, the characters develop, grow up and realize what they need to do to stop war. Rain isn't preachy like the pink hair version of Shakti or the blonde version of Shakti and she isn't USELESS like the Arab version of Shakti. She's strong, mature, kind, gentle, beautiful, nice and she alone is better than 90% of the cast from SEED. And G Gundam is easily the most passionate Gundam as well. Also, unlike Heero, Kira or Setsuna, Domon is not a Gary Stu. He can be beat and he has flaws, but he DEVELOPS unlike those 3 pretty boys above. G Gundam IS Gundam and it saved the series, from Tomino's idiocy. Although it's the 2nd most appreciated Gundam in the USA, even Japan has become more fond of it, despite getting low ratings and only decent model sales. I bet you're just mad, because G Gundam was the reason for SEED's failure in the USA. It's also worth noting that I kinda like SEED. Imagine if I hated it. BTW, how is the God(not Burning or it would be called B Gundam) Gundam activating stupid? You try so hard to be objective, but you fail hard. You just don't get Gundam, do you?

Last edited by DomonX2 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:28 am Reply with quote
Also, 2 other things to note.

1. Gundam always has and ALWAYS will be a kids franchise. Zeta Gundam, dark natured, bloody and depressing. The comic with the same content is labelled as a children's comic. Gundam Wing, explosions, Heero in a pool of blood and 'hard to understand'. Did you really miss the furigana during Just Communication? Before somebody says 'Furigana isn't just for kids, but it's people who can't read Kanji', in animation terms, yes furigana does indicate children's programming. Most adult comics or shows in Japan don't have furigana. You really shouldn't be watching something you can't read. Gundam X, same thing. Hell, that's why ZZ Gundam was made. To get people to understand that it IS a kids show. Zeta was just a hardcore kids show at the time. Hell, in the 2000s, a SIX year old kid was in a Gundam museum. If Gundam was for teens and up, he wouldn't be allowed in. Finally, all Gundam games are either rated CERO A or CERO B, with the former being the most common. CERO B is like the North American T and CERO A is like a mixture of the EC, E and E10.

2. SEED Destiny is better than 00 Season 2. 00 should not have being split into two seasons, because it's not 1-50, but rather 25-25 and should be looked as a sequel series, rather than a continuation. At least Destiny can compose itself. At least the villains, are actually villains and not jokes and can be taken seriously. Not to mention, plot armor is even worse. The 00 Raiser doesn't get a SINGLE scratch, until it fights Arche and even then, Arche gets WRECKED. 00 Season 2 has not character development, 'Hai Desu' gets to my ears, so the new characters suck, the only good things about 00 Season 2 are the music and animation, but Toshihiko Sahashi(the best composer in Japan) is still better than Kenji Kawai(he's not cute BTW).
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
And you still haven't seen G Gundam, so my previous point stands.

Wait, what? You were serious?

In terms of overall writing, quality of villains, character development, and action G Gundam is the greatest Gundam series of all times.

Thank you very much. I can't believe people who don't even like the franchise as a whole, bash it. The only Gundams I didn't like were Gundam 00(2) and it's garbage movie. Wing was decent, same with it's 2007 re-imagining and SEED was okay. F91 is underrated and Gundam X is a classic.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote
Where be 0080 and 0083 BDs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8