• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Project Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Where be 0080 and 0083 BDs?

http://www.yesasia.com/global/mobile-suit-gundam-0083-zeon-no-zanko-blu-ray-normal-edition-japan/1024230464-0-0-0-en/info.html

That's a 0083 Blu-Ray. I have no idea about 0080 Blu-Rays.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/mobile-suit-gundam-0083-zeon-no-zanko-blu-ray-normal-edition-japan/1024230464-0-0-0-en/info.html

Pig disgusting movie compilation, that is, not the full OVA.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:14 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
DomonX2 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Pig disgusting movie compilation, that is, not the full OVA.

How is that bad? It smooths the transition and gets rid of parts you really, really don't need.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 am Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:

How is that bad? It smooths the transition and gets rid of parts you really, really don't need.

Yeah no. 0083 did not survive its attempted transition to movie form.
sayan12

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, here we go again.

Seriously, Sunrise.

I just hope you use all these profits to make something good.
sainta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
ask & you shall get indeed this showing is slowly the comeback of GS era.

besides it will save_us now besides all this going sure with lead soon talks of GS movie or yet the it will lead to the ascension of a 3rd GS series?

really yea this more to it than any of those try to counter give other 2 aka 00-ver rated gundam & PG-age gundam were fallen experiment cause same feel vibe of GS era.

so now with HD remaster of GSD indeed it's only matter til GS era is this generation of gundam world.

There was a movie that was stalled due to the writer's health (it was very serious). Now for the 10th anniversary of Destiny, Sunrise could release it, right? After the last Destiny compilation movie was released, the magazine Newtype started releasing lots of images featuring post Destiny characters such as ZAFT Kira, ZAFT Lacus and others.

Also, I'm curious about the new manga "Gundam SEED Re:" as the writer from the TV series is supervising it. Sadly, no websites hasn't mentioned anything about it.

[/url]

Quote:
My god, I will never get over how they ruined Cagalli in Destiny. She never gets a single legitimate gundam battle in Destiny, she just spends the entire series crying and being indecisive.

Cagalli was a mobile suit pilot? The only time she piloted a mobile suit in SEED was in the end when she had to assist Athrun in destroying Genesis. In fact, in Destiny she is very skilled as she participates in multiple battles like in the first one where she accidentally destroys a mobile suit attacking, in Berlin where she defends the area, and Orb's invasion. She really didn't have much doubts other than in the first episodes, and I understood the crying part as all her country was dying in battle.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Can they "remaster" it to not be the worst thing in the entire franchise?

Age has that crown.

I've never watched Gundam Seed Destiny, though I probably will once the remaster comes out, but I can't imagine it being worse than Age. I'm still 14 episodes away from finishing watching the Seed remaster, and while it has its flaws, it still has some respect for the viewers' intelligence.

Actually, I think Mitsuo Fukuda and Chiaki Morosawa would only be capable of making something as bad as Gundam Age if they suffered a horrible accident and lost 40% of their brain mass.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I've never watched Gundam Seed Destiny, though I probably will once the remaster comes out, but I can't imagine it being worse than Age.

That's a good point. I've never compared SEED Destiny with AGE; having dropped AGE at episode twenty-nine I don't know how truly awful it becomes. But if AGE is as bad as people have told me, then yeah, I could see it being the worst in the franchise.

It's really sad that there's such 'strong' competition for the title of the worst in the franchise.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
ask & you shall get indeed this showing is slowly the comeback of GS era.

besides it will save_us now besides all this going sure with lead soon talks of GS movie or yet the it will lead to the ascension of a 3rd GS series?

really yea this more to it than any of those try to counter give other 2 aka 00-ver rated gundam & PG-age gundam were fallen experiment cause same feel vibe of GS era.

so now with HD remaster of GSD indeed it's only matter til GS era is this generation of gundam world.

Seed/HiME returning next year will be a boost to return in popularity, 2013 will be deciding year for them.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
They'll touch up and improve some things, but the Seed remaster shows that nothing very substantial will be done unless they intend to use and complement a whole lot of that substantially better original footage they did for the compilation movies way back. No doubt they'll include the extended epilogue made after the TV run ended.

Destiny was a case example of a show dragged down by any number of potentially good ideas that were not carried out well. Its messages and plotting were ham-fisted, its story too often melodramatic in the worst of ways. The degree to which other Gundam titles are liked and disliked, that's generally a matter of appeal. But the problem of GSD is something very fundamental, specifically that it's a badly conceived and crafted program. To me, it is great fans of the original Gundam Seed that should be most upset by it.

But that aside, they're basically taking these two series and converting them to widescreen, which is certainly best for their presentation long term. The profit from this will fund other new things, so fair enough. I'm indifferent but I'm sure not going to begrudge this, I'll just go on awaiting more Gundam UC and The Origin and Tomino's G-Reko.

I'm another who hates the terrible bickering on prior pages and I have no interest in holding up one series as the ONE TRUE GUNDAM while calling several others abominations onto the lord. I will indulge one protest against the idea that Gundam 00 lacks development - an assertion that says that, at the end, there is literally nothing meaningfully different about the people involved in this story compared to how they were when it all started. Like it or dislike it, in my view there is no fair reading of the show that even begins to lead to this conclusion. If criticism just stuck to reasoned arguments about how it ultimately all worked out, it'd be much easier to take seriously.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Didn't they fudge up the seed remaster by cropping it?

Or is that only for the tv release?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:
Toshihiko Sahashi(the best composer in Japan) is still better than Kenji Kawai(he's not cute BTW).

Oh god, I can't stop laughing.

Sahashi is a nobody compared to Kawai. Kawai has been hitting it out of the park for decades. Without fail.

And neither of them touch Kanno or Kajiura, so I don't think Sahashi can be considered "the best composer in Japan".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Sahashi is a nobody compared to Kawai. Kawai has been hitting it out of the park for decades. Without fail.

Hmm, I prefer SEED music to 00 music though.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Both shows had very strong OSTs, among the strongest of the franchise (along with Turn-A's)
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Both shows had very strong OSTs, among the strongest of the franchise (along with Turn-A's)

Really? I haven't heard much praise about the 00 music unlike SEED's. I can't remember any memorable pieces, apart from some battle music it just sounded functional to me. Haven't seen Turn A yet, but what I have heard of the music, I like. It's Kanno.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8