• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Old Video Troubleshooting

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
It looks like the CR embeds were fixed a little while ago. I also did some cleanup of the hulu embeds to fix the problem (with Shakugan no Shana and others) where different seasons were "merged" as a single series on ANN. So everything should be good with the videos now.

Thank you
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Artfan--
With all due respect, exactly what is your point?
Artfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Artfan--

Hm, the Subject field does not find it's way into the thread... What I had said was, Thank you.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Artfan wrote:
nbahn wrote:
Artfan--

Hm, the Subject field does not find it's way into the thread... What I had said was, Thank you.

Yeah, it doesn't really. Unless the post is the opening post for a thread, the subject line pretty much gets lost. Although, when replying in a thread, if you look at the "Topic review" underneath the text editor, post subjects actually do show in there, but they do not in the standard thread view.

I moved the thank you down in to your actual post for ya.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gling42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I hope this is the right place to ask, if not sorry Razz
I recently began watching Girls und Panzer on CrunchyRoll, but they wanted paid membership past a certain episode so I signed up here. The only problem is every single episode when I want to watch it just comes up with a blank grey screen, except for one time where a brief message about Flash Player flicked onto the screen for an instant. I'm in New Zealand, so could it be an issue of location?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Two questions:

1) Do you have the same problem when watching from Crunchyroll.com ?
2) Is your Flash Player up-to-date ? (check here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ )
Gling42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
Nope, no problems recently watching videos on CrunchyRoll and I'm watching from Google Chrome, Flash Player version 11,5,31,2 the most up to date version...
thesnowman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:30 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I can't watch any full episodes of Polar Bear Cafe because in the player only a 2 minutes version is loaded. I tried loading episodes from other animes and it works without problems. Tried on both Chrome and Firefox, without AdBlock, cleaned temporary files..nothing.
Any suggestions?

Thank you
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote
Are you able to watch it on Crunchyroll where you are? I recall there used to be bug where if you accessed a title unavailable in your area via Google's cache it would let you watch the first couple of minutes for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
thesnowman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
Only two minutes also on Crunchyroll (for Polar Bear Cafe), but there it says
Quote:
This video requires a Premium Membership to watch in your region.
so I guess this is the underlying reason for ANN also. I guess I will have to find another way to see this series. Any tips are more then welcomed. Thanks for your help.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
If you had a premium account on Crunchyroll you should be able to watch the videos here if you are already logged into at the Crunchyroll end - at least that's the way it used to work when it was first introduced here; I always watch them directly on the crunchyroll site since the embeds are lower resolution.

There have been titles that were premium-only in the UK - it's harder to source ads outside the US and you get less impressions so sometimes the only way to get the licensor to agree to a region is to go prem only. Rob explained it on Twitter back when he was with Crunchy, but it's lost in the mists of time now - closest I can come up with is this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11