• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Project Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard much praise for SEED's OST, aside from the OPs and EDs. And I can't even recall any standout BGM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I generally consider that Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny in particular has the best music of the franchise, with Stellars theme in particular being one of the best songs I have heard in an anime.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
sayan12 wrote:
I just hope you use all these profits to make something good.

More Horizon! It seems like Gundam should be on the way out unless they can think up another concept that isn't a rehash or totally stupid. They tried reviving or at least adding on VOTOMS, and it seems like they've just about killed that one. I doubt they'll revisit their other one-off robot shows like Layzner, Galient, or Dragonar. I have no idea what the future of real robot will be.
Gamlin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
thebluehammer wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
now if only funimation gets the rights to the show from the dead bandai and re-releases it on BD discs ill be happy

I agree, it'd be awesome if funi or sentai got the rights! I'd love to get these on blu ray with the dub track Very Happy

Bandai isn't that dumb to license Gundam to sentai or Funi, BECAUSE they're gonna ruin it FAR WORSE than their American Branch in terms on where we will watch it. This means.....more limited access (Americans only) and I hate that! (I'm from the Philippines and we don't get too much new anime here).

Other words: They're now protecting the franchisew to be tainted by bad licensors and not ruin Tomino's name. Same goes to Macross on why the sequels weren't released in the states due to Kawamori's disapointment over the first series being rehashed AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN........by Harmony Gold. *Pukes*

Thank God Bandai themselves are doing the English Subs for us.

Last edited by Gamlin on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

More Horizon!

Horizon seems quite capable of funding itself at this point.

As to your larger point, they definitely need to come up with something.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I really wanted to like Seed Destiny because of its predecessor, but despite an interesting premise it just ended up a mess. I feel like an HD remaster would be akin to polishing a turd. It might look better, but it will still stink.
Sigh; Gundam topics always depress me because of the franchise's uncertain future in the US.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
well give GS era is like 10yrs already yet it still got it give how some say the GS era is this generation or answer to finally match level of the uc gundam days.

yet still continue will other gundam try to stop era of GS in those the 00-ver rated & PG-age gundam just were failed experiments.

in now still really way going if plan another gundam series either they go do something really like a FEMALE MAIN LEAD gundam pilot or expect the full return of GS era.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
well give GS era is like 10yrs already yet it still got it give how some say the GS era is this generation or answer to finally match level of the uc gundam days.

yet still continue will other gundam try to stop era of GS in those the 00-ver rated & PG-age gundam just were failed experiments.

in now still really way going if plan another gundam series either they go do something really like a FEMALE MAIN LEAD gundam pilot or expect the full return of GS era.

00 was not a failed experiment. It may have got low ratings, but it sold very well and won 2nd place on the Anime Grand Prix and many of the characters were on higher places than SEED. I agree, 00 as a WHOLE is garbage, but unfortunately it succeeded.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Gamlin wrote:
thebluehammer wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
now if only funimation gets the rights to the show from the dead bandai and re-releases it on BD discs ill be happy

I agree, it'd be awesome if funi or sentai got the rights! I'd love to get these on blu ray with the dub track Very Happy

Bandai isn't that dumb to license Gundam to sentai or Funi, BECAUSE they're gonna ruin it FAR WORSE than their American Branch in terms on where we will watch it. This means.....more limited access (Americans only) and I hate that! (I'm from the Philippines and we don't get too much new anime here).

Other words: They're now protecting the franchisew to be tainted by bad licensors and not ruin Tomino's name. Same goes to Macross on why the sequels weren't released in the states due to Kawamori's disapointment over the first series being rehashed AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN........by Harmony Gold. *Pukes*

Thank God Bandai themselves are doing the English Subs for us.
What is this BS?

How would Funi do a worse job then Bandai? You know the company that is actively trying to push their products to people?

And your facts are stupid. There's no ruining Tomino's name. Gundam is a business, not some artistic creation.

And whatever your saying about Macross is woefully incorrect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
metroid24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I've never heard much praise for SEED's OST, aside from the OPs and EDs. And I can't even recall any standout BGM.

really I've heard nothing but praise for starters having the london orchistra to do music was awesome plus the music tracks and every music tune was top notch as membrable as other series were sunrise raised the bar on seed that no other series has matched yet dont get me wrong i love ost from wing 00 0079 etc but seed was the most well made im proud i have all the tracks and ost Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
The SEED and SEED Destiny soundtracks are really quite good. The BGM reminds me of the sort you see in big-budget Hollywood Sci-Fi movies; very good at setting the mood, and quite technically accomplished.

Actually, one positive thing I will say is that Gundam has had some great soundtracks. Even the lesser soundtracks always have some fantastic songs on them.
stararnold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
On one hand, I don't see why Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny needs a remaster. It's not like the visual quality is going to get grainy anytime soon since it's 2D animation done on computer and not animation on paper. But on the other hand, I hope that some North American company will officially distrubute the remaster cut of the series on DVD and blu-ray since the Gundam franchise now has no legal North Amreican distributor with Bandai Entertainment out of the picture, even though I was able to watch the entirety of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny on television years ago.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
They can't actually remaster it, there's no physical film to scan in a higher resolution or the other benefits that come with making a new transfer. This is just shit upscaling to sell shitty upscaled BDs to the idiots who for some reason enjoyed the smallest bit of CE Gundam.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I doubt it will be worse than the original Destiny since at least they will get rid of the stock footage and recaps at least so it will already be a bit better.

Now after this if they finally make that movie......

I personally liked almost every Gundam I seen yet AGE, 00, SEED, Victory, Zeta, 0080, and Wing as of now even if I haven't finished it yet.

Only two I didn't enjoy was of course Seed Destiny and the original 0079. Destiny had poor writing while 0079 was extremly boring and Amuro made me almost go to sleep every episode. Good thing this is getting a remake/remaster too as The Origin maybe it will be a bit better and if it isn't at least the art and scenery will be nice to look at this time around. xD

My only problem with AGE is the fact with how rushed it was due to it only being 49 episodes and how they treated the female cast it was just as bad as how Tomino treated most of the women in Victory either making them into canon fodder or mentally unstable. Only women who had any good development was Margret, Junko, and Shakti.

As much as I want Gundam in the US I doubt Bandai will let Funi or Sentai handle the franchise all we can hope for is that they eventually re-release every series with English subs. I want to see a Victory remaster. Dx
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
Will those in charge of the remastering of this series will get rid of the excessive use of stock footage and all four of those pointless recap episodes? I still love the original Gundam Seed series despite its flaws but Gundam Seed Destiny's are too hard to ignore that any tampering with the series in order to make it better is fine with me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8