• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Project Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Replacing the stock footage is the least of Seed Destiny's problems.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
DomonX2 wrote:
Toshihiko Sahashi(the best composer in Japan) is still better than Kenji Kawai(he's not cute BTW).

Oh god, I can't stop laughing.

Sahashi is a nobody compared to Kawai. Kawai has been hitting it out of the park for decades. Without fail.

And neither of them touch Kanno or Kajiura, so I don't think Sahashi can be considered "the best composer in Japan".

3 things wrong with your post. 1, Sahashi's the guy who made the score to a show, which sold over 70,000+ copies a volume, not to mention how well the music sold(not even counting Rie Tanaka or TM Revolution, just the OST). Gundam 00 got low-mediocre ratings in Japan and Ghost in the Shell is more popular in the States than Japan. 00's sales were nothing compared to Geass, which was inferior to SEED/Destiny. So you can't say Kawai is more known than Sahashi. Hell, let's bring the US into this. Big O was an epic fail in Japan, but a massive success in the USA and while Big O II bombed on both sides of the Pacific, the radius was still worse in Japan. The Big O score is also legendary. SEED is(was) popular in Canada as well and none of the show Kawai has done have been popular here like SEED/Destiny were. 2. Yuki Kajiura also had a big hand with the SEED/Destiny score, so if you hate ALL the music, chances are you hate some of Kajiura's influence, so your dislike for the SEED score backfired when you said she was one of the best composers. 3. Kanno has been sucking since Macross Frontier and Sahashi never sucked. Yeah, Sahashi is not a nobody bro.
bradc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait! Just blame Char and Durandal as they are voice by the same seiyuu, Shuuichi Ikeda for everything for every single Gundam Franchise in existence. xDDD
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:

3 things wrong with your post. 1, Sahashi's the guy who made the score to a show, which sold over 70,000+ copies a volume, not to mention how well the music sold(not even counting Rie Tanaka or TM Revolution, just the OST). Gundam 00 got low-mediocre ratings in Japan and Ghost in the Shell is more popular in the States than Japan. 00's sales were nothing compared to Geass, which was inferior to SEED/Destiny. So you can't say Kawai is more known than Sahashi. Hell, let's bring the US into this. Big O was an epic fail in Japan, but a massive success in the USA and while Big O II bombed on both sides of the Pacific, the radius was still worse in Japan. The Big O score is also legendary. SEED is(was) popular in Canada as well and none of the show Kawai has done have been popular here like SEED/Destiny were. 2. Yuki Kajiura also had a big hand with the SEED/Destiny score, so if you hate ALL the music, chances are you hate some of Kajiura's influence, so your dislike for the SEED score backfired when you said she was one of the best composers. 3. Kanno has been sucking since Macross Frontier and Sahashi never sucked. Yeah, Sahashi is not a nobody bro.

I like Sahashi's score for the Seed series more than Kawai's for 00 as well, but your argument's logic is...heavily flawed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8