• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note's Araki Directs TV Anime Project 'Attack'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Well Testuo Araki is good director,I mean it is not that he writes his stuff and he was involved with Hiroyuki Yoshino(he really had no chance).
Yasuko Kobayashi on the other hand is experienced and was involved in some really good stuff I think she can make some good script Kyoji Asano also had some really interesting designs.
But the fact that they announced Yasuko Kobayashi only as in charge of series composition makes me think that this an adaptation of manga.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to Testuo Akari directing Attack I wish him well on this project Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Oo, didn't see this coming but looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
The title is misleading, him directing the death note anime has very little to do with why it was good, it was the source material. Look what happened when he did an original anime (Guilty Crown) which could have been awesome but then turned out... well how it was.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
The title is misleading, him directing the death note anime has very little to do with why it was good, it was the source material. Look what happened when he did an original anime (Guilty Crown) which could have been awesome but then turned out... well how it was.

To be completely fair to him, he didn't exactly have the most competent writer to work with either...
lizardking461

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:

This essentially sums up why I will be treating this with extreme caution.

Divineking wrote:
To be completely fair to him, he didn't exactly have the most competent writer to work with either...

This is true, but as director he really should have tried to do something about that before it became the anime optimisation of style over substance.
totoum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:

As someone who read the death note manga before watching the anime I really think that while the manga is indeed a great source material I preffer the anime notably because of how it's directed,the storyboarding wasn't just a copy and paste of the manga,the story was the same but visually it was told in a different way.
Also it had great pacing with a focus on the chapters that needed it and it went by quickly on the chapters that didn't (especially later in the series).

The show would have been good no matter who did it but I don't believe it'd have been that good with just any director.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1