• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2013's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Film Story Outlined

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Goku goofed again! Shocked

I guess that cat is going to beat down every Saiyajin (and a namek) until Goku gets the genki-dama.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
takes place several years after the buu saga...yet Goten and Trunks have not aged at all, eh whatever. LOTS DO IT!
Kurohei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry... But this seems like a fail as of now.
Anari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Well it's not hard to foretell the events, the purple cat will beat Goku and his friends, and then Goku will go back and train, then the cat will beat him again... But when all hope seems lost, Goku will gather everyone's energy and kill him with a Spirit Bomb.

But in all seriousness, this looks like a refreshing return to the series after many years.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to watching this (of course, it's Dragon Ball Z, my favorite anime of 12 years and counting), but I'm not sure I'm expecting much.

Those pens look neat, but how could you possibly write with them?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
DBZ movie outline:

- Goku and the gang are camping/going to the carnival or mall/dragging giant fishes behind them/having a giant orgy/generally relaxing

- Movie Only Villain arrives. Possibly has a connection to one or more of the characters, either the same race, the same type, or a callback to a previous DB story arc

- Goku and the gang fight Movie Only Villain and his minions. They get their asses handed to them.

- Main villain gloats. Goku gets back up, kills minions, fights Movie Only Villain again, but still can't overpower him. Everything turns really grim and sad. Many shots of animals dying, our heroes banged up and whimpering, perhaps some rain or fog. Sad music.

- Goku remembers he's the strongest thing imaginable and goes Ultra Super Fantastic Saiyan 9. Hopeful swell of music.

- Goku kills villain with one attack

- Something mildly comical occurs (usually related to Kuririn or Oolong) and everybody laughs as we pan to the sky

- Cue closing credits with largely forgettable Hinorobu Kageyama song (alternatively, Funimation-placed Drowning Pool music) over clips of the movie

- The End
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jacksonh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Goku and Gohan never got the chance to do the fusion dance.

It would be interesting if it actually happens in this movie.

Gokhan? Wink
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Simple outline is simple... oh well...

I haven't had much exprience with this franchise, only being more interested in dragon ball than DBZ and seeing some eps of DBZkai up to the point where Goku beat freeza but the planet is destryoed, and basically the entiere Abirdged series (hm thinking about it thats a considerable amout, though I'm positive I skipped some episodes...)

I'll pretty much be watching this for the heck of it with fairly low expectations, not that I have a insanly high standared for the other few movies I'm looking forward too (except maybe HxH) but I suppose it should be fun at least.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
That enemy is one terrible character design.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
“Is there anyone on Earth more worthy to destroy?”

"Welcome, heroes of Earth! You have been chosen to receive the most glorious of gifts, the opportunity to face me, the great Birusu, in a contest of strength and skill. For eons I have scoured the cosmos, searching for the one adversary who could provide me with suitable sport. But lo, I have yet to find such a noble soul! Each creature, each race, more pitiful than the last! So I spare them the disgrace of their weakness by by destroying their worlds. And now, my quest has brought me to this timid little planet you call Earth. So terrestrial heroes, can one of you quench my thirst for the divine conflict? the supreme struggle? Or will your planet be doomed to the same fate that has befallen so many?"
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Really? Really? Neutral
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Goku is actually defeated in a fair battle without him giving up? I can already see Vegeta's epic reaction but I thought Toriyama started making Goku win every single fight in the series after losing to Piccolo Daimaoh. Heck, when he was at disadvantage he still won in honor or the villain ended feeling horrible (Vegeta)
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
What if he just loses at the end? Surprised
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
He always loses.

And then he wins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LaSean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
DBZ movie outline:

- Goku and the gang are camping/going to the carnival or mall/dragging giant fishes behind them/having a giant orgy/generally relaxing

- Movie Only Villain arrives. Possibly has a connection to one or more of the characters, either the same race, the same type, or a callback to a previous DB story arc

- Goku and the gang fight Movie Only Villain and his minions. They get their asses handed to them.

- Main villain gloats. Goku gets back up, kills minions, fights Movie Only Villain again, but still can't overpower him. Everything turns really grim and sad. Many shots of animals dying, our heroes banged up and whimpering, perhaps some rain or fog. Sad music.

- Goku remembers he's the strongest thing imaginable and goes Ultra Super Fantastic Saiyan 9. Hopeful swell of music.

- Goku kills villain with one attack

- Something mildly comical occurs (usually related to Kuririn or Oolong) and everybody laughs as we pan to the sky

- Cue closing credits with largely forgettable Hinorobu Kageyama song (alternatively, Funimation-placed Drowning Pool music) over clips of the movie

- The End
lol I love DBZ but this is soooo true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3