• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Game Sequel to Hit PS3, Vita

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
Would have liked it to expand to the Wii U platform, but I guess being on two region free systems of two different generations, one portable and one console is a great deal.

Hope this one doesn't gloss over a lot of cameos and content.
If there is a story mode, get the fundamental arcs done and the big ones as well like Thriller Bark and Skypeia.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Well this is sooner than I would have hoped...
zerochitentoppakai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
i hope there's cross play. Very Happy
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
They chose Vita over Wii U? or 3DS? Well then....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Well this is sooner than I would have hoped...

I'm surprised they waited till the worldwide audience got a bite out of it to be honest.

The game sold 655,774 copies in the first week (Japan alone) and has an abundance of DLC (costumes and extra stages) left out so they can profit off consumers post-release. It wouldn't be odd for this series to become yearly or just pace itself till new exciting material is animated, perhaps why they minimised the content from Part 2 unlike Gigant Battle.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

I'd imagine its just because its a PS3 title that also has Cross-play.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

3DS is too weak to even hope to handle this game, and provides tools to developers to port PS3 games to Vita.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Even though I loved One Piece Pirate Warriors I really wasn't looking forward to a sequel or expected it. I thought this was a one time game even if the sales were good.

I actually wanted Bandai to make another kind of OP game for the PS3. A good example would be a fighting game like Naruto Ninja Storm or an action game like Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles, just anything on consoles.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting for a physical release of the 1st game in NA. If its another digital only........................sigh
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Still waiting for a physical release of the 1st game in NA. If its another digital only........................sigh

You'll be waiting a while since the reason theres no digital release is because theres no dub... Sony of America policy. I doubt with they'll add a dub in the new one either since its way further than the anime dub is so it mainly is being made for the people who keep up with the anime as it airs in Japan. Half the anime would be spoiled for dub people.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
My guess is that Omega Force will keep making the Pirate Warriors games for the PS3 and Vita, while Ganbarion develops the Grand Battle/Unlimited Cruise games for the Wii U and 3DS. I didn't really like Pirate Warriors too much, so I'm hoping Ganbarion really delivers on a fun One Piece game for the Wii U (and the PS3 as well) that's more akin to the Grand Battle games. Combat Rush (or the 4th Grand Battle game) was really a lot of fun. Still one of the best OP games to date.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

You'll be waiting a while since the reason theres no digital release is because theres no dub... Sony of America policy. I doubt with they'll add a dub in the new one either since its way further than the anime dub is so it mainly is being made for the people who keep up with the anime as it airs in Japan. Half the anime would be spoiled for dub people.

Yeah you're probably right that it will never get a dub (which is fine by me), but I don't download digital games. So unless they release a physical, Ill just never get it [or maybe ill import the UK release, we'll see]
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much they're going to put in about the New World. They just got there and aren't even finished with their first stop (Punk Hazard). I hope they don't cram in a bunch of the arcs from the filler episodes just to make the game longer.
shafiqeverlast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote
ohh come on not another one i mean a lot of one piece anime fans that uses xbox 360 console need to play this game i've even send them the idea for the one piece new game at namco bandai north america (one piece new era) please bandai make it for xbox 360 too Crying or Very sad
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
shafiqeverlast wrote:
ohh come on not another one i mean a lot of one piece anime fans that uses xbox 360 console need to play this game i've even send them the idea for the one piece new game at namco bandai north america (one piece new era) please bandai make it for xbox 360 too Crying or Very sad

If you're an anime fan and like anime based games you kinda need a handheld system, a wii or a ps3 Sad

(xbox is all about shooters)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2