• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamisama Hajimemashita (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Botan24, please note that nbahn is referring to spoiler[the second kiss, not the first. Nanami instigated the first one, but the second one was all Tomoe's decision.]

Personally I do think Tomoe has some feelings for Nanami, as when she asked if spoiler[he'd ever thought she was cute he was so surprised he accidentally let go of her.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Nanami is totally crushed and down.
It only gets worse 'cause Tomoe is always around.
Watching Tomoe avoid touching Nanami was kinda sad.
Even the trip to the beach couldn't be Tomoeless.
That guy is all tsundere... wish he would admit he feels the same for Nanami.
The appearance of King of Dragons was kinda LOL
That guy is a joke compared to Tomoe, yet he was still scared to go into the ocean.
Saving Tomoe... Nanami sure gave herself an impossible task.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8
Beach episode. They look cute in their swimsuits Cool

It's fun in the sun till Nekota-san..gets into some trouble. It was overall a relaxing and somewhat emotional episode imo especially based on that ending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[Looks like Tomoe had a sweetheart in the past.
Nanami had a really hard task in front of her.
She was truly ready to sacrifice everything to save him, no matter the cost.
Mizuki tricked Nanami into being her servant...
Tomoe is gonna "love" that part.
Well, at least she had both of them now ^^]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Finding out the snake is a spoiler[masochist] and the dragon King with spoiler[his wife] were some very funy parts.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
It's sort of like Natsume's Book of Friends with added slapstick comedy. I especially enjoy how Tomoe deals with any threat by spoiler[turning them into a dinner ingredient]

Personally, I am thankful that Natsume Yuujinchou most certainly does NOT have slapstick comedy on this level. Nyanko-sensei provides more than enough comic relief without ruining the tone the series is trying to set and I'd prefer to see it kept that way.

The level of slapstick is quite absurd, really. This show is OK, but not great. I am watching this simply because there is a distinct lack of youkai shows currently airing, so beggars can't be choosers. I am biding my time until Natsume: Go comes out. Still, it makes me laugh, sometimes.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
what exactly was Isohime?
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10
The shadow of death Shocked

A bit of a slow episode but it was watching Tomoe this episode and his expressions. The spoiler[mixer] was funny to watch also. Ah youth. I also lol'd @ a jealous Tomoe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Tomoe human love and his past.
It's always nice watching some new info.
His past with Mikage was nice.
So it seems Mikage taught him some manners ^^"
The second part was more fun.
It makes me sad watching Nanami try not to be in love with Tomoe.
The nice thing was seeing Tomoe jealous and his feeling coming out.
It was a good episode.

Episode 11

spoiler[Mizuki really is lost in the real world.
Guess reality of the new era was much more to handle that he thought.
From one trouble to another LOL
Mizuki wanting to be like Kurama was just ridiculous.
I'm glad he realized he's better off at the shrine.
Nanami & Tomoe second part was fun.
The amusement park date thing was interesting.
Wow, Tomoe actually had fun ^^
On the other hand Nanami's jealousy got out of hand.]
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
During the ending credits of episode number eleven, there is shown a live-action sequence of young Japanese women putting on a performance. What were they performing?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

I wonder why I found the Mizuki's spoiler[attemot at playing the flute] so funny, like that Tomoe spoiler[did not even care about how bad he well he could do it]. And Mizuki's face that gave the air of blissful ignorance.

Nanami was pushed a little too far with little to show, that drag was being a little too harsh.
Botan24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
During the ending credits of episode number eleven, there is shown a live-action sequence of young Japanese women putting on a performance. What were they performing?

I do believe they were doing a Japanese tea ceremony, or at least part of it.

I have to say that this show has fallen into the predictable shoujo territory. In this latest ep spoiler[Nanami feels worthless (which she kinda is) and runs off, sobbing into her sleeve.] *sigh* And so next week's Final Episode is going to be dedicated to Tomoe spoiler[running around searching for our princess]... I mean heroine. Nuts. Although Kamisama Kiss didn't have much else going for it besides shoujo cliches, I thought Nanami would have a little more backbone. Oh well.

The humor is the only reason I stick around. Episode 12 didn't have much, but when it did, it was excellent. spoiler[Mizuki's flute playing, and Kurama's stunning and very foggy entrance.] Very Happy
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:

It's the music video version of the closing song, Kamisama Onegai, by Hanae. I'm not sure I can link to it, but you can find it if you look hard enough. And, yes, it appears to be a tea ceremony. The whole production has a very retro look.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
@Botan24: I partly agree with you. I was glad that she spoiler[didn't run away] because he didn't love her or for some other dramatic reason. While next episode will probably involve Tomoe spoiler[frantically searching for her], I hope and think the focus is mainly to find her strengths (and thus to find her backbone er... back), what she's good at and what room for improvement there is.

I always thought this show was kind a bit of a typical predictable shoujo, but nevertheless an enjoyable one with a rather strong willed female lead and fun male 'lead' (Tomoe). I'd hoped the show concentrated more on her job as a god, instead of high school antics. Also, this show has a harem element to it, yet Mizuki's character design is not appealing to me at all Laughing and Mikage's servant is... even less so. But I'm probably in the minority in that aspect.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (END)

Hm, nobody commented on this eppie yet, is it really impolite to post now (because the last one was mine)? Whatevs.

I liked the last episode. It might be predictable, but Nanami spoiler[found her strength back - on her own!! - and rushed back to the temple]. The episode was also funny and had the best spoiler[last scene it could have *romantic!*.]

Overall, I liked this series very much and gave it a very good. It was fun and I loved the opening and ending themes. I already explained most of my opinion about this show in my last post though, so I'll stop rambling now Wink.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9