• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I can't eat anymore?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:14 am Reply with quote
DELETED. AAARRRGGGHHHH...

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Greennunu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:28 am Reply with quote
Japanese people dream about eating to much because they don't get enough to eat! It's like spending 15bux for a meal and get a kids meal size dinner over here! Not to mention the size of their "large drink" is the size of a small on in America!

The food is tasty though, cept when they try to imatate other asian foods, not many do it right.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
It isn't only Japan with the large drink as America's small. America is actually the exception, with their drinks being larger than the drinks in all other countries. It isn't that Japan (and other countries) don't eat enough, it's that America eats too much! This helps America in being the fattest country in the world, obviously.

I recommend watching Super Size Me, a FANTASTIC documentary about a man performing a dangerous experiment: eating nothing but McDonalds' food for a month!

Greennunu wrote:
Japanese people dream about eating to much because they don't get enough to eat! It's like spending 15bux for a meal and get a kids meal size dinner over here! Not to mention the size of their "large drink" is the size of a small on in America!

The food is tasty though, cept when they try to imatate other asian foods, not many do it right.

Super Size Me was a load of crock. It took a forgone conclusion and beat you over the head with it. zOMG, I ate 5000 calories a day and I gained weight!! I for one was shocked, Shocked. For his next encore, he should announce "I'm going to drink nothing but beer and whiskey for a month. Wonder if it might have adverse affects....."

Plus, there didn't have to be dangerous. Another writer tried to duplicate the experiment in reverse (eating at McD's for 30 days) actually ended up losing weight.

http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=052305G[/url]
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote
I remember seeing something like that in Excel Saga, when she pigs out on a lot of food and her stomach is huge. I'm not sure she was asleep though, all I remember is Excel moaning with an expression like this --> -_- , so I'm not sure if that means awake or not.

Greennunu wrote:
Well, America is the fattest country on Earth. Anyway, most people in Asia aren't fat and generally don't get fat until they eat fast food. Then all the problems occur. A helping of fish, rice, and green tea is definitely better than a double cheeseburger, fries, and Coke. They might not neccesarily eat a whole lot less.
keichi san

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Ah..I believe I might have seen the sleep mumbling about food in an episode of Samurai Champloo. After Fuu has gorged herself on an grotesque amount of food, she falls asleep and mumbles things about food. When done in the correct instance, "food mumbling" can be pretty funny. Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greennunu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote
Actually, alot of the world drinks are almost the same size as American's, if they are smaller they aren't as small as Japan's.

I haven't seen Super Size me, but I do know what it is about, and I have to agree with "The Ramblin' Wreck" since from what I've heard, anyone who does that should expect nothing else. Also while Supersize me was a big deal, me and my buddy ate at McDonalds every day for a few months as well, only difference was I worked out and he didn't, and of course I still got healthier, and he was on a downhill slope. So that documentary didn't really prove anything.

Asian eat fish rice and green tea, only because we don't have a choice(specially if we are from a third world country). If we did, we'd be like America in no time too. There is a good % of japanese people who are fat, it's just that in america there are more people with larger build therefore when they get fat it looks like htey are fatter than asian people, if you measure % wise, I'd say asian people aren't that much healthier, I've seen my fair share of fat japanese people to know that Asian's aren't fat free.

In fact Japanese food are more fatty than america, their serving size is just less, and the fact that they walk/bike a great distance everyday helps them out. AND they don't eat fish rice and green tea, just because those are soem famous things they have in Japan doesn't mean everyone does it, I can tell you I eat more rice than an average Japanese person does, and probably drink more green tea and if I had the chance eat alot more fish.

The fact is America might be "worst" in this area, but don't think other countries are that much better off. A Japanese person would love a Pepperoni and Sasuage Pizza alot more than an American, since all they got is mayonaise and crab pizza or salmon and mustard to pick from.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote
There was a Japanese guy that I knew, when he took his honeymoon over here, he went back to Japan having gained 20 pounds.....
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote
DELETED this horrible, horrible post.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
WesW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:32 am Reply with quote
"We can't, we're siblings." Is this another comedic convention in Japan? I just watched Rozen Maiden last week, and this line seemed to come out of nowhere. I wondered what the deal was with it.

As for fat Americans- just wait, the Third World is soon to catch up. I saw a report last summer about how junk foods had recently invaded Latin America, and they showed a grocery store in Mexico which devoted ten isles to junk food, much more than you would see in any American store.

Also, like anime, food is much more expensive in Japan than here. Japanese spend, on average, twice as much of their income on food as Amercians. Amercians used to spend the same amount as Japanese, but prices have fallen drastically here, which has coincided with the increase in obesity.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:46 am Reply with quote
The thing with the Japanese is though they might eat a lot, they're in BETTER physical condition. For one, kids will walk to school, sometimes a mile distance and sometimes up hills. Another thing, most Japanese businessmen take the train to work, which means they WALK. I know how over here in the US, you cannot get anywhere without a car, but there's always the weekends where you can work out. People just don't. They have barbeques.....
Greennunu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:06 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
The thing with the Japanese is though they might eat a lot, they're in BETTER physical condition. For one, kids will walk to school, sometimes a mile distance and sometimes up hills. Another thing, most Japanese businessmen take the train to work, which means they WALK. I know how over here in the US, you cannot get anywhere without a car, but there's always the weekends where you can work out. People just don't. They have barbeques.....

or just a 30min jog daily.

I'm not the one to talk but until a few years ago I just sit infront of my computer all day and got ultra fat, so if u can get off your lazy arses and jog/run 30min daily(or just 5 times a week), it will help alot.
aaito

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:

I find this kind of funny, as if its crazy to walk distances over a mile. Very Happy I walked 2.4 kilometers (1.5 miles~) to school every day for the time I went there. The minimum distance to get a bus pass was 2.5 kilometers. Anyways, I still think that Japanese probably walk a lot more, but non the less, 1 mile really isn't that much.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
This is a bit like trainspotting... I just observed another instance of the "I can't eat any more" meme, in episode 24 of Gokujou Seitokai, wherein the sleeping Randou Rino mumbles "Mou taberarenai...".

(And once again, the character who says this is someone who is portrayed as foolish or stupid.)

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I've just started watching My Hime. Mikito (the girl with the big sword) seems to really like her food, so I'm waiting to see if there's a scene like that. Laughing Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3