• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is anyone disturbed with the trend of overly sized boobs?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Astraea wrote:
. . .And Major Kurosagi in GiTS: SAC is just *funny*.

Funny you mention that. I haven't watched much of GITS: 2nd Gig (traded cable TV in my room for cable Internet) but from what I gather, it appears Mokoto is weearing more clothing in the series but they make her boobs appear bigger. How the heck is that possible. Also to paraphrase the words of Solid Snake in MGS, "She's goot a pretty good butt". Not in Sir Mix-A-Lot's league, but decent.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Just to edit somethings its Major *Motoko* *Kusanagi*.

Also I actually could understand how a person could be embarassed by being surrounded by women with giant breasts. For me it would only be a problem if they all shoved their boobs in my face and if they were angry at me cause then I wouldn't be focused on their yelling but more on their assets which would probably piss them off even more.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kyle Smyth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Are we talking about real women and real boobs here, or are we talking about watching an anime and feeling emberrassed because the girl has a huge rack?

If it is real women: I definately don't feel embarressed, instead I thoroughly enjoy my time. (hehehehe). If it is anime: It can get awkward if I am with someone is not familiar with anime. Not because the character has large breasts, but because I don't want them to think that every anime contains women with large breasts.
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Astraea wrote:
. . .And Major Kurosagi in GiTS: SAC is just *funny*.

Funny you mention that. I haven't watched much of GITS: 2nd Gig (traded cable TV in my room for cable Internet) but from what I gather, it appears Mokoto is weearing more clothing in the series but they make her boobs appear bigger. How the heck is that possible.

Astraea, please explain what you meant by that comment. I'm lost there.

----------

I think I posted something about that within the early pages of this MASSIVE thread.

Yes, Major Kusanagi wears more clothes in GITS:SAC 2nd Gig, but that isn't what makes he breasts look larger here than in the initial GITS:SAC.

In terms of the storyline, spoiler[didn't she acquire a new shell near the end of the series]?

In terms of the production, maybe a new decision maker came on board and decided she should be drawn that way.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Tetsujin wrote:
. . .Yes, Major Kusanagi wears more clothes in GITS:SAC 2nd Gig, but that isn't what makes he breasts look larger here than in the initial GITS:SAC.

In terms of the storyline, spoiler[didn't she acquire a new shell near the end of the series]? . . .

She did but I remember the last 3-4 episodes or so and checked them out on tape before. I remembered no difference (believe me with her if there was, 5,000 people would've posted about that on the [as] boards).

I still think bigger clothes make for bigger outlines.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Kyle Smyth wrote:
Are we talking about real women and real boobs here, or are we talking about watching an anime and feeling emberrassed because the girl has a huge rack?

If it is real women: I definately don't feel embarressed, instead I thoroughly enjoy my time. (hehehehe). If it is anime: It can get awkward if I am with someone is not familiar with anime. Not because the character has large breasts, but because I don't want them to think that every anime contains women with large breasts.

Well, I can happily say I don't know any girls with extremly huge grotesuqe boobies. However I feel exactally the same as you kyle, on the anime aspect of it. Thats why I don't watch certian series when around some unfarmiliar with anime.... Rolling Eyes
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Angel_Of_Death wrote:
2. I have NO idea...i just found it on the internet and thought it was random and funny

Ah, I thought you got it from here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Angel_Of_Death

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ah, I thought you got it from here.

nah..i got it from one of my friends on Red vs Blue.com he made it himself...probably a take from them..
Astraea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:49 am Reply with quote
Tetsujin wrote:
Astraea, please explain what you meant by that comment. I'm lost there.

I was referring to the Major's outfits in the first series (and I got her name wrong, duly noted...I'm just going to leave now Embarassed). Nothing to do with her cleavage. She looks weird in those clothes, that's all.
Didn't mean to confuse, I think I changed subject mid-post.

Drat it, I shouldn't have been posting at gone midnight, sorry. Embarassed Embarassed
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote
"I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way!" - Jessica Rabbit

(btw...20 pages about unrealistic boobs?)
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

Hey I just made the topic but seems alot of people got interested in it. Besides its 20 pages over more than 6 months so thats basically more than 3 pages a month.

Now whats bad in my mind is a thread with over 8 pages and dissing up a bad dub when people already know the answer is mostly yes the dub does suck and we prefer to watch the fansubs.

I wonder if people know which thread I was referring too.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

Hey I just made the topic but seems alot of people got interested in it. Besides its 20 pages over more than 6 months so thats basically more than 3 pages a month.

Now whats bad in my mind is a thread with over 8 pages and dissing up a bad dub when people already know the answer is mostly yes the dub does suck and we prefer to watch the fansubs.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90

You mean this one animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21552&highlight=dub

or this one animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19937&highlight=dub

or even this one animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21286&highlight=dub

And thease are just from February
The Frankman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90

What? You dissin' dubs??? AWWW SIIIITTTT!!!!

Anyway, that's why I thought I should shed some light on Japanese anime A to compliment the discussion on T. So far no one's bitten yet/still want to mention the T.

There should be a con to celebrate T & A in Japanese anime (and I don't mean Tentacon-Chibi). It'd probably have Bible Black, the works of Go Nagai . . .who would make good special guests on a artists' panel, I wonder? VA's I invite are Cynthia Gough (one of the ONLY GOOD Bible Black VA's) and maybe Josephine Clemens.
sindwendler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's that fanservice stuff, you know. Can't sell this kind of stuff to guys without it...

If you ask me, I think a cute face is worth more and a huge bust anyways.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Jgobats81886 wrote:

BINGO!!!

And to The Frankman noo i'm not really dissing dubs I can sit through a lot of the so called "crap" dubs but really I have no problem with them. It just ticks me off that people just don't move on and just continue their lives but instead choose to continually say a dub is crap when it has been reinforced for quite a while.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 22