• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is anyone disturbed with the trend of overly sized boobs?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quote
This thread has mostly been about fanservice for guys. What about fanservice for us girls? I don't see Edward Elric, Roy Mustang or Dark Mousy stripping down to their tightie whiteies.

Where's our fan service? Huh? Huh?

Evil or Very Mad Laughing Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
This thread has mostly been about fanservice for guys. What about fanservice for us girls? I don't see Edward Elric, Roy Mustang or Dark Mousy stripping down to their tightie whiteies.

My only reply to that would be the bishounen type anime. Thats all I can think of.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

Well, I've only seen two bishounen animes (Fushigi Yuugi and Fruits Basket). In Fruits Basket the characters are naked when they turn back into humans from their animal forms... is that good enough for you?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

My only reply to that would be the bishounen type anime. Thats all I can think of.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90

True, true.

Okay, okay. You and PantsGoblin are right, but their animators don't have them strip down as far as the girls' animators have them strip down. I don't think I've seen male transformation sequences a la [/b]Sailor Moon. Wink Wink Laughing Laughing
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I don't think I've seen male transformation sequences a la [/b]Sailor Moon. Wink Wink Laughing Laughing

No, but I can think of some things that are pretty close. In Excel Saga, Excel uses a special move on some thug to change him into a parody of Dejiko from Di Gi Charat. It's rather disturbing. Also, Colonel Volcott from Galaxy Angel enjoys cross dressing and is seen dressed up as both Milfeulle and in a Sailor Moon outfit in some episodes. I've also seen countless males cosplay as Sailor Moon characters. Take Sailor Bubba for example. And then of course, there's always this. So you see, there's plently of "pretty boy" fanservice around for you to view, you just have to look. Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
To: PantsGoblin

Like I said, you were right. Got a big kick out of Sailor Bubba! Scared my dad with it though. Laughing Laughing
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
I just saw what you termed "this". I will recant the comment I left for the video poster.

"Oh Dear God . . .

I have said I'd do anything for the right amount of money and have done plays where I acted very feminine but this... this is wrong. I don't know why but... it's just wrong somehow.

*runs to puke up tuna sandwich*"
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:46 am Reply with quote
I started to watch it but I thought of Bubba, and I then I turned it off. Due to your comments, I'm glad I didn't watch the rest of it.....
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:57 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I started to watch it but I thought of Bubba, and I then I turned it off. Due to your comments, I'm glad I didn't watch the rest of it.....

All I can say is it makes the Gundam Wing yaoi fanfic I'm proofing for my friend look like a children book in shock value. I also want to say a few words in respect for the poor tuna sandwich that met its untimely demise in my bathroom toilet. I will avenge its loss . . .

The thing is, I know it's seen stuff as bad (if not worse), why was I caught unaware? Is that feeling of disgust and revulsion what some women go through when they watch men oogle large chested, big-bootied women in Japanese anime? Wow . . . makes you think. Confused
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 am Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
I also want to say a few words in respect for the poor tuna sandwich that met its untimely demise in my bathroom toilet. I will avenge its loss . . .
The thing is, I know it's seen stuff as bad (if not worse), why was I caught unaware?

I'm surprised you watched it. If you look at Bubba that should give you an idea right there what to expect.....
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:13 am Reply with quote
If you can handle it, more cross dressing fun awaits you in this thread. It's done by the same people who did the Sakura one (No, I swear I'm not into this stuff, I just find it really, really funny).
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
Even though there's big boobs in anime, I don't think there's too many big booties in anime. Am I wrong?
stelle_star66

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:05 am Reply with quote
Yep I am... It's just too big! Like Mia/Meer from Gundam SEED Destiny! When she runs... her boobs bounces... Shocked Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:16 am Reply with quote
stelle_star66 wrote:
Yep I am... It's just too big! Like Mia/Meer from Gundam SEED Destiny! When she runs... her boobs bounces... Shocked Confused
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/JamJam66/L_gc_Single_OP.jpg

umm . . . no offense, but if that's too big for you I'm not sure you've seen the whole thread here. We're talkin' breastises on a gynormous scale and hopefully big Japanese anime booty.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
stelle_star66 wrote:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/JamJam66/L_gc_Single_OP.jpg

umm . . . no offense, but if that's too big for you I'm not sure you've seen the whole thread here. We're talkin' breastises on a gynormous scale and hopefully big Japanese anime booty.

like these right?

( . )( . )

oh and here's this:

http://rapistayaka.ytmnd.com/

SHE'S AFTER HIS LUCKY CHARMS!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 22