• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
# of Juuni Kokki Eps?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackstardrag84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I was just wondering if the number of eps. of Juuni Kokki listed in the encyclopedia is correct because at animenfo it lists the # of eps. as 68 while in the encyclopedia it lists 39.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:40 am Reply with quote
blackstardrag84 wrote:
I was just wondering if the number of eps. of Juuni Kokki listed in the encyclopedia is correct because at animenfo it lists the # of eps. as 68 while in the encyclopedia it lists 39.

12kokuki.com (the official homepage) lists it as having 39 episodes..

NHK's site also mentions 39 episodes. Not sure where 68 might be coming from...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jlbkwrm
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:38 am Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

The series aired 39 episodes, then went on hiatus. It's scheduled to start broadcasting new episodes in July.

I'm pretty sure the 68 episode count came from the initial Media Blasters announcement thread on the old AoD forums--Somebody asked how much of the series they had the rights to, they said 68 episodes. What I can't remember is if episode 68 is the planned conclusion of the series (the point at which the anime will have covered all of the books), or if that's just the number that's guaranteed to be produced.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Jlbkwrm wrote:
Cookie wrote:

The series aired 39 episodes, then went on hiatus. It's scheduled to start broadcasting new episodes in July.

Well... for now, at least, it aired 39 eps. When it picks up in July, we can change the encyclopedia to match, since there seems to be some uncertainty regarding what, exactly, should be done with Juuni Kokuki...

Dunno how we're gonna capture a haitus in broadcast.. maybe put it on the anime timeline or something. Provided it's the same series, of course..

BTW, we currently list Ranma 1/2 as a single series even though it was 2 in Japan (Ranma Nibun no Ichi and Ranma 1/2 Nettouhen)..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blackstardrag84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Well they started airing new eps and the official site now lists 40 eps. I imagine they will keep updating it. How are you guys going to handle it in the encyclopedia?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Howabout list the chronology of the series like was done with The Big O. Show the episode number to represent an ongoing series, then run a mini timeline showing when the series started, when it's first part ended (and what episode) and then when it started back up (and with what episode).

Emerje
Jazzcat_Meow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:08 am Reply with quote
About 12 Kokuki eps info and new TV series, in fact, the total 68 eps info used to be post on MOON PHASE and other major Japanese anime news site. In June, the info has been revised to be 「乗月」 (anime episode title) 全1話 (one episode), 「東の海神 西の滄海」 全5話 (5 eps) and to air by NHK・BS2 on 7/5.

Here is the episode info per title and novel I orgzined for your reference:

Part 1 = ep1-14 『月の影 影の海』
Part 2 = ep15-21 『風の海 迷宮の岸』, ep22 (a transition or connection episode to Part 3 chapter story)
Part 3 = ep23-39 『風の万里 黎明の空』

Hope this info would help.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1