• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Winter 2013 - The List

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the information, everyone! Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Can't say that I am much looking forward to Hakkenden, it looks like the sort of show I want to enjoy becaus others do, but I find mildly annoying. If there is one thing that grabs my interest is the turning intoa demon thing, although I will probably end up dissapointed with that.

HAGANAI NEXT on the other hand is a must watch for me, the short haired Yozora looks cute. Looking at the gallery looked confusing, but noticing the eye colour seemed to explain what the deal was.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I loved the first season of Haganai, so im looking forward to season 2
Melicans

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Haganai NEXT is probably the title I'm looking forward to the most this season. Looks like it'll start off with Sena's hairstyle? Can't wait!

tuxedocat wrote:
Hagenai Next: Some of the character pictures don't match the descriptions.

....wearing a maid costume? Doesn't this character aspire to be a "man among men" and admire military generals? is that the correct character?

I see the blond hair, but the person pictured is heterochromatic. Contact lenses?

--and is the nun supposed to be a catholic nun? 'cause I don't think the catholic church accepts novices at age 10. Even if they do, novices habits are usually white aren't they?

Others have basically answered this already, but yes, those are all the correct characters.

Yukimura spoiler[wants to become more manly, hence the idolization of Kodaka. In the first series, Yozora says that real men still look like men when they wear women's clothing; and so Yukimura takes to wearing a maid outfit, believing that any masculinity gained will shine all the brighter through the female outfit.] (Double spoiler: spoiler[Though it eventually transpires that - shock - Yukimura is actually a girl. She just thought she was a boy, not realizing that genitalia are present from birth (she thought that it would grow if she began to be more masculine)]).

Kobato is naturally blue-eyed. She dresses in a certain style to emulate her favourite anime heroine; and the red contact lens is just another aspect of that.

The school the characters go to is a Catholic school, so it's probably a fair assumption that Maria is a Catholic nun (how she became one so early is never addressed in the source material, as far as I'm aware).
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:36 am Reply with quote
AKB 48 anime... I suppose it was inevitable.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Yeah, inevitable 8 months ago, this is the second season. Where the hell have you been?
Etrien

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:29 am Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
(Double spoiler: spoiler[Though it eventually transpires that - shock - Yukimura is actually a girl. She just thought she was a boy, not realizing that genitalia are present from birth (she thought that it would grow if she began to be more masculine)]).

What the... But... That just... What?

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Yeah, inevitable 8 months ago, this is the second season. Where the hell have you been?

Fresno, Texas. Wink
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
A! K! B! 00! 48!

Hell yeah. Can't wait.
Trustilotous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Loved the first season and can't wait to see what direction they take the story in.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Boy, I cannot wait for more AKB0048. Love the first season, I have high expectations for the new season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
AKB0048 was definetly one of the surprise hits with me this year, I look forward to the second season, the concerts in the first were really effective.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen AKB0048 ,but I heard that it is completely insane in a good way and I like those kinds of titles.So yeah I will most likely watch in a week so I can catch up second season(winter is very dry season).
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
Sign me up for more AKB0048. I love the first season! I really want a figure of Sonata.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
AKB was surprisingly good so I am happy to see it get a second season. also it helps that there were actually good translations for it. it will most likely never get picked up for dvd but it's actually a good show.
I feel sorry for the translator and person who had to write out basically around 12 character descriptions for it. that is a lot of work. there isn't a lot of good stuff starting this next season it seems even less if you don't count sequels.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the character list for Love Live!: So, they don't even have personalities or anything, just clothing sizes and favorite foods? Does this win the "Not Even Trying" award for this season, or are there further depths to plumb?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11