• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Hellsing Ultimate Volume's Last Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaltran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 am Reply with quote
Looks great, Hopefully Funimation will release the final two volumes next year.....
TwEeD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
Pfew finally it concludes, only took 7 years for 10 OVA's heh

Hopefully they'll do this justice, VIII & IX were a drop in quality in my opinion. Still my favorite part, the Seras vs Zorin fight in VII and subsequent total awakening of Seras Victoria, at least got a proper treatment so I'm already quite content with the series adaptation Very Happy
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
zaltran wrote:
Looks great, Hopefully Funimation will release the final two volumes next year.....

Wouldn't count on a release next year. They haven't even licensed 9&10 yet.

Quote:
Funimation also licensed the third season of Black Lagoon, and Hellsing Ultimate V through VII.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Oh hell yeah. Bets Christmas present ever.
Sacred Blood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
The trailer looks nice, hope its as good as the last ova animation wise. Once hellsing is over i hope they start animating Hirano's new manga Drifters, which is really awesome.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
zaltran wrote:

Quote:
Funimation also licensed the third season of Black Lagoon, and Hellsing Ultimate V through VII.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. I'm sure they're going to license it; it wouldn't make any sense for them not to do it. They're probably in the process of doing it right now. As for whether or not we'll get a release next year, it depends on long the licensing/dubbing process takes. We might have to wait till 2014 or maybe they'll release volume 9 at the end of 2013 and the final one in 2014. Either way, I'm sure we'll be getting it.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
zaltran wrote:

Quote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. I'm sure they're going to license it; it wouldn't make any sense for them not to do it. They're probably in the process of doing it right now. As for whether or not we'll get a release next year, it depends on long the licensing/dubbing process takes. We might have to wait till 2014 or maybe they'll release volume 9 at the end of 2013 and the final one in 2014. Either way, I'm sure we'll be getting it.

I have no doubt that they'll get the final two episodes, yet I was being realistic on the ETA of a North American release. Considering the final volume hasn't released in Japan yet there is no way that they would be working on a dub as we speak. Maybe MAYBE, if we are lucky, we'll see a release in late 2013.

Last edited by Rukiia on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
Looks amazing, hope they dub 9 and 10 along with DAWN in 2013
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
After 7 years of awful waiting, the big moment we've all been waiting for is finally almost here! The big epic finale to Helling Ultimate is finally coming and I can't wait!

Let's hope that Funimation will pick episodes 9-10 and have it released sometime in 2013 so that fans can finally complete the Hellsing Ultimate series once and for all.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
CAN.NOT.WAIT!
Can't believe it's been 7 years since I watched the first OVA.
Saying that, the show did go through some troubles and different animation studios.
Either way, going to be so satisfying to watch the final OVA of what has been a superb adaption.
Fingers crossed FUNi get on the final 2 OVA's ASAP and get them dubbed and released at some point during 2013.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
Smile So excited. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully it get's licensed soon and I can add the last 2 eps to my collection.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
zaltran wrote:

Quote:

I think ^this ^ is the most likely scenario. Whatever the case, there is a built in audience for this, and I am definitely part of it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Rockin'. Definitely looking forward to seeing the conclusion animated.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Jouji Nakata's voice and delivery is pure poetry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Setsura1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
AT LAST! I've been holding out on these so i can watch them all at once! YATTA!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1