• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SHAFT's Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Anime's 1st TV Ad Aired

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wish Shaft would extend their cast of voice actors a bit more, but at least they're good ones
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I kind of wish Shaft would extend their cast of voice actors a bit more, but at least they're good ones

Their reuse of certain VA's (e.g. Kamiya Hiroshi and Saitou Chiwa) is part of their "character" in my mind. And they do extend their cast of voice actors ever so slightly with each new series. Yuuki Aoi wasn't in any of their works before Soremachi and Madoka Magica, for instance. Even with other familiar Shaft voices around, Oogame Asuka and Fuchigami Mai were new to a Shaft series in Denpa Onna. And so on...
irrevilent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I think the first Aoi Yuuki one would be Dance in the Vampire Bund, if memory serves.

However, other than her, it's been a while since someone became a regular - Maaya Sakamoto, perhaps, going from Arakawa Under the Bridge to Nisemonogatari (replacing Aya Hirano from the previously unspoken role of Shinobu).

That said, Prism Nana seems to have it's main three all being new to Shaft shows, so we shall see if there's a new trend these days.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
irrevilent wrote:
I think the first Aoi Yuuki one would be Dance in the Vampire Bund, if memory serves.

Oh woops... Knew there was something in there that I was forgetting. I had thought, back after Madoka Magica was announced but before casting revealed, that she might be cast as Madoka because of the seeming new trend (with two Shaft leads) and her voice seeming eminently suitable for a mahou shoujo lead.
irrevilent wrote:
That said, Prism Nana seems to have it's main three all being new to Shaft shows, so we shall see if there's a new trend these days.

Doesn't look like the cast has been officially revealed yet for it, though it has had character's voices in some PV's. Wasn't one of them speculated to be Kitamura Eri (who would certainly not be new to Shaft series)? Though speculation could of course be wrong.
johnndergrosse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
Why? Why is a 53 year-old man voicing the protagonist?
scineram

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
Because he is awesome.

She says "hikikomori fantasy"? LOL
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1