• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Officially Announces Bleach Anime

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Hammock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I knew it was coming...

Something to replace Inuyasha, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
If Viz don't get Bang Zoom! to dub Bleach then I'll stick with my bootlegs. If they get the Ocean Group to do it I will band together with all Bleach fans and declare WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grow up FUNimation, quit buying everything Gonzo makes and get something with depth. You morons will regret not getting Bleach when FMA ends in a few days. Where is the FUNimation that I know and love.........where are they? Crying or Very sad
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
If Viz don't get Bang Zoom! to dub Bleach then I'll stick with my bootlegs. If they get the Ocean Group to do it I will band together with all Bleach fans and declare WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grow up FUNimation, quit buying everything Gonzo makes and get something with depth. You morons will regret not getting Bleach when FMA ends in a few days. Where is the FUNimation that I know and love.........where are they? Crying or Very sad

Somehow, I knew you'd be pissed off when they announced this.

SaveOnePiece wrote:
Let me state this for the 2 millionth time,FUNimation will get Bleach...they'll get BLEACH hands down

SaveOnePiece wrote:
Studio Pierott own Bleach and will sell it to the highest bidder. This "Viz get all things Shueisha" crap is gettin' old real fast!

What was that you said?... Ya, sure.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:

Well, if you wanted FUNi to get "something with depth," you should be GLAD they didn't acquire Bleach. Laughing Laughing

Now let's talk about ACTUAL Bleach and the ACTUAL company that licensed it.
beeinblue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
All right! *Does a happy dance*

As long as they include the japanese track on the DVDs then I'm all for Viz. I'm not saying I won't like the dubs, but if I don't it's always good to have something to fall back on. I have faith in you Viz, please don't disappoint! Very Happy
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:

Seriously... grow up yourself. Nobody will force you to watch the dub. There will be DVD's with eng. subs on them. If you keep your bootlegs because of this, you are nothing more than a pathetic thief loser-fanboy. I'm not a huge Ocean Group fan either, but I'm not one to lose my head over this.

Additionally, stop acting like Funi ever had a chance at the title to begin with. Given the tie in with Shogakukan, Viz was probably given first choice to option it. That being the case, Funi wouldn't have been able to put a bid in on the property.

edit: wrong company listed

Last edited by Godaistudios on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ragebot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece, having Ocean dubbing Bleach would be very beneficial for a Canadian broadcast, besides Bang Zoom! is a very busy and prolific studio, having VA-crossovers between Naruto and Bleach might not be for the best.

I realize that some people prefer other dubbing studios to others, but "Ocean-IS-DA-SUK" comments have always seemed to me to be really petty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TakinawaTonfa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, it kicks ass that we got an official word on it now, and considering on how excellent the Naruto dub is, I've got a good feeling about Bleach. Plus, there was the (most likely) chance that the show will go on Adult Swim. Either way, I've got good expectations for the dub. It's just a shame that One Piece couldn't be in the same position as well.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:

OKay, lets make the Viz situation clear for everyone. Viz now includes ShoPro USA, which handles the international licensing for all the titles that Shogakukan manages the rights for.

So for FUNi to get Bleach, Viz would have to let them have it.

Of course, this doesn't mean that Bleach is free for Viz to take. While Viz manages the rights, it does so partly as a go between. Several companies own the rights, not just Shogakukan, then there's the music.

So when Viz decides, "hey, we'd like to release this show in the USA" they still have to negotiate with those companies.

Bit if Funimation wants it, they either have to negotiate with those companies and Viz, or just with Viz who will act as a representative of those companies.

Either way, if Viz doesn't want Funimation to have it, Funimation can't do anything to get it, except perhaps offer to pay an outrageous amount of money to Viz. (Possibly they could go straight to Shogakukan, and hope that Shogakukan would make a decision not in the best interest of their subsidiary (Shogakukan indirectly owns 60% of Viz)).

Anime Licensing in 2006 101

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
shenlongmizuno

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
lol the whining of the bleach-tards will be amusing to read for the next few weeks. Honestly I don't see how this'll change anything, the fansubs will continue and in a year or two I'll buy the dvds with the original japanese voices and subtitles in a cool box for a nice price. Who cares if the english voices suck, don't watch it on tv and just stick to your illegal fansubs. And viz liceansing bleach means Studio Pierrot gets $$ to continue making great anime in the future and is great news! Those crying about this are not true anime fans
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Those who say dub Lee,Sakura,Neiji and Naruto are from "a good dub" are not humans. Yes, there are some talented VAs on the Naruto dub,but Blum, Quinton Flynn and David Wittenburg aren't enough to save it.

At least Bleach's American fanbase is filled with goths and fat guys that will make an impact to save their love. Though I'm not fat or Goth, Bleach is a part of my life.

How are my bootlegs "against the law" if I buy them from one of the most famous anime dvd websites in America???

I respect how Viz are putting it on the AS,but having the smallest thought that the people who raped DBZ for 53 episodes (in what I like to call "OceanBall Z" is a nightmare.
.j.x.h.2.1.5.4..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
, , , ,

Last edited by .j.x.h.2.1.5.4.. on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Yay. Not like we expected otherwise.

Personally, I am finding 4Kids' 15 March 2006 press conference to be much more interesting. Perhaps ANN should do a report...?
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote
jxh2154 wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:

Hahaha, have fun declaring your one-man war. Seriously, your "bootlegs" clearly don't have a dub on them, and Viz's DVDs will have subs on them, so even if you don't like the dub you still have the very version you have been watching for 70+ weeks.

But trying to make sense of someone like you is always a lost cause. Anyway, I'm very happy that they've made it all 100% official now, even if we've known for a little while now (not that it was *ever* in doubt at any point*. My only
hesitation is that they might release it at the same speed as Naruto. That is, about two 13 ep boxsets a year. Still, I fully admit and recognize that 26 eps/year is an absolutely normal
pace. It's just that sometimes you like to hope for "better than normal", esepcially when a show is so long. But oh well, I'm just happy to be getting Bleach on DVD.

Bleach has more than one fan, my friend.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned One Piece yet.
.j.x.h.2.1.5.4..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
, , , ,

Last edited by .j.x.h.2.1.5.4.. on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12