• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kokoro Connect (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
That was a very nice ending. A great way to end ,in my opinion, the best anime of this fall season. They resolved everything and only left spoiler[ which person Taichi will chose remaining, which I think is obvious based on the preview of the Ova.] Oh yeah, Iori's mom was awesome.
hpulley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 14 -17 of the Michi Random arc of Kokoro Connect are ready for preorder and coming out March 27 2013 and April 24 2013 respectively with two episodes each, Japanese only. They will be subbed by Sentai later I assume. Those episodes will also get a theatrical release event in Japan, sometime. Haven't seen the details yet. They said last Sunday on twitter right after the last episode that details were coming but they posted the same thing essentially, please wait for details about the dates, on their web page yesterday:
http://kokoro-connect.com/news/

Quote:
「ココロコネクト ミチランダム」制作進行中!イベント上映決定!! [2012.10.05更新]

アニメ「ココロコネクト」は全17話!!
TV放送のヒトランダム、キズランダム、カコランダム編の13話までに続き、14話以降はミチランダム編が始まります。

さらに・・・ミチランダム編のイベント上映が決定!!

開催日時等詳細は続報をお待ちください!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
Episodes 14 -17 of the Michi Random arc of Kokoro Connect are ready for preorder and coming out March 27 2013 and April 24 2013 respectively with two episodes each, Japanese only. They will be subbed by Sentai later I assume.

Good to know. If they don't follow through there will be hell to pay.

[edit: jeebus I posted a GIF of tari tari here. I been watching too much anime.]
hpulley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 14-15 will be screened in Tokyo along with a cast talk show November 19-25 21:20-22:50. Wish I could go but that would be the most expensive anime purchase ever...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Ep 14-17 was released on Japan on the 30th, so the fansub version should be coming out soon. I can't wait, as this was my favorite anime of 2012 Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I watched all four episodes yesterday and thought was pretty good. There was quite spoiler[some rage from Iori as well as drama just like from the Summer Season. Heartseed also plays that jazz like a boss from the first episode. That man has skills!]

In the second episode, of the these four episodes, spoiler[there seems to be some build up drama especially at the end between Iori and Inaba which kicks things off the third episode.] Hell, I enjoyed watching that.

The finale spoiler[reunites the friends when they take on some punks which I enjoyed. Poor Taichi though ;.;]

Overall, Kokoro Connect: Michi Random gets a very good from me for now. I might consider re-watching it again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Ep 14

Heartseed still doing his best at trolling the group. What better way to mess with them on Valentines day than by making the new phenomenon being emotion transmission. spoiler[Their emotions will randomly be heard by the others and the person whose emotions are being transmitted will know which person got the transmission] This phenomenon caused a lot of commotion, especially between Inaba and Iori. Poor Iori, she is still spoiler[struggling with her self-image and thus had to reject Tachi.].

This episode further advanced my opinion that Inaba deserves Tachi more than Iori. It was cute watching Inaba spill the beans to Yui and Aoki that she did indeed love Tachi. It was also cute watching her get embarrassed and asking for a moment to take it all in when Tachi was showering her with compliments. It was even cuter when she wanted more lol - Inaba
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote
4 Episodes in a row, I will try to do a post on each one:

Episode 14

The group have been thrust into another phenomenon, this time it is spoiler[random transmitting emotions, which means at random intervals their thoughts get heard by other random members]. Iori then decided to put an spoiler[end to her relationship with Taichi, the other characters seem to think she has suddenly decided to not like him anymore, but is my opinion that she finally decided to stop the charade]. Perhaps she is spoiler[afraid of creating problems with hearing what actual thoughts she has as she is playing the girl who has a crush that is expected of her].

There was some cute stuff in finding out how spoiler[smitten Himeko is with Taichi, she is becoming more open, and some awkward stuff with what Taichi was thinking about his situation]. But most distressing of all was when the group spoiler[finding out Iori’s true thoughts and the truth is that despite her looks and act, she is a bit of a bitch, and it was awesome]. I was actually happy that Iori was spoiler[finally able to have her true thoughts be known, though they were all freaked out and totally surprised, they should have been more accepting, but they can’t change how they think].

Going for Taichi and Himeko I totally see that will come about.

Episode 15

The problems still persist as Iori is becoming spoiler[unpopular as she starts acting more cold, everyone seems upset about it so she relapses and fight a bit between her old self and this colder one which I think is the real her]. I really liked the part where Taichi spoiler[read exactly what Himeko was thinking, Himeko is showing her cute side. The decision for to be more honest is really working, but the slip of Taichi’s happy thought maybe not so good]. Himeko being spoiler[scared] was interesting, a look at spoiler[what is bellow her armour, though Yui took a strong hit with her meeting with Iori, but showed some strength in front of Heartseed].

Himeko attempts to find out what is really spoiler[wrong with Iori ends with Iori throwing what Himeko has done, I remember calling it that Himeko was just forcing Iori and Taichi together, and Iori is not happy about Himeko keep changing her mind]. Himeko had tried to spoiler[help Iori by thinking she would be happy but at that time she really was not considering actual feelings].

Episode 16

Taichi tried to be spoiler[brave and make up an explanation to the class mates for Iori’s change at his own expense, although it is again him being a selfless freak again, but it helped a little]. That is until another confrontation sent spoiler[those mean girls to confront Iori again, and worst being that mean girls decided to do something stupid]. Their spoiler[room got trashed with all their hard work, they were angry at first but Taichi got them back, though Iori took the scene much worse, deciding to get rather violent to the people that did it, Iori was] not happy. Himeko then decided to spoiler[work things out in a similar way to how Taichi did it with her, they will share embarrassment].

But just when the series thought it had us at the happy resolution, spoiler[Iori reveals that she feels all the happy talk is crap. Iori says she is sick of being the fake version of herself, and telling them about the build up of her stress over everything]. Then Himeko says one of the best speeches in the series, spoiler[shouting from her own experience she tells Iori that she has been stupid, that it was okay to trust her friends a little, she should not have tried to live up to their expectations]. Taichi does a thing about spoiler[him still liking her despite not knowing the real her, and he wants to know the real her since he still loves, Himeko does not react happily to this. Everything looks like it might be working out with Iori having some things to consider, but Himeko got herself in trouble by confronting the crooks who trashed the joint. They have to save her].

Episode 17

Most of the group jumped in straight away to spoiler[find and help Himeko, but Iori is still confused about what she should do, worrying if she really is a good or bad person. Iori finally makes a decision and gets going, the most of the gang take down the thugs], hooray for Yui spoiler[useing the technique Taichi taught her, but one taking a hostage raises the stakes]. Iori then manages to spoiler[come in and pulls one of her personality changes to make the knife guy think she was on his side, a quick transfer reveals her true intentions and Yui puts him down].

Iori seems to have spoiler[cheered up a little, she confronts the mean girl hits her a little and apologises for hitting harder than she expected. But then she finds out that mean girl is not really mean, she too was changing herself to fit in, upset about the guy she likes and pushed by peer pressure]. It sounds a little cheap, but there is a soft spot in there, that they should worry less about normal and just be themselves, the image of a dawn showing a new beginning. It was all nice with the group spoiler[talking happily and how Iori had changed, but then one of the punks come and Taichi tries to protect Himeko].

Taichi has an spoiler[in mind conversation with Iori, they decide that they were in love, but Inaba says that it would be best for them to reset their relationship, she is happy she fell in love with,] it is all sweet. But as sweet as that is we find spoiler[Himeko over his bed worried about him, and then he gets a taste of her thoughts that are filled with how much she depends on him, and how she loves him, she can’t hold them back], totally adorable. With a simple question, and a lot of spoiler[freaking out, they then choose to start dating, she looks so happy].

Everything worked out with the phenomenon finishing their spoiler[presentation going well (the group decided to use it to publicly reveal the Taichi/Himeko pairing), and Iori managed to get along quite well with the friend she made]. Himeko and Taichi spoiler[look like a good couple, I knew it would come to this, the attack on their teacher for his choice] I think was a sign of how they had all grown. Now they have moved onto the next year, and what is left is for possibility of a new season with new problems. But it really feels that they have all worked out a lot of the unhealthy parts of themselves, maybe Taichi finally needs a bit of a change from his freakiness.

This show was indeed one of the best shows of 2012, and watching these four episode on the first day of the new year made me appreciate how much I loved this series, such well written characters and rather smart themes. I really like the close look at the dramas that some series might gloss over. Oh and Inaba Himeko has to be one of my favourite characters full stop, especially for a drama series: she is no helpless moe girl, she can look after herself, but still she grew and accepted the help of others, even though she has such a hard time trusting people. The honesty she showed at the end of the series is just frosting on the cake, she has gone from tsun to dere, but she is not one of those tunderes that we have in so many anime.

I gave the series a Masterpiece, I don't care if it was not a level of other masterpiece series, I think it was masterpiece.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Whee. Still great. But...

spoiler[Did Taichi just forget what he learned about Iori in the first arc? Shouldn't it have been abundantly clear what was wrong with her?]

spoiler[Got massive head trauma? Head for the school infirmary!]

Anyway, one of the best series of the year, and Sawashiro delivers one of her best performances ever.

I was a bit disappointed that Iori spoiler[didn't seem to grow after the whole thing. She still looks like the same old Iori, when I thought the idea was that she would learn to stop putting on the fake act so much.]

Last edited by Yttrbio on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
I'm kinda disappoint that it didn't end up as spoiler[one true threesome. Maybe in the sequel? /wishful thinking]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14-17 Final

Heartseed playing his usual weird games.
Lots of ups and downs in their relationships.
The amount of drama they went through was just high.
Seems like spoiler[Nagase] was the one with most issues.
I guess it was necessary to make them more resilient and stronger.
Final episode was especially interesting with the whole spoiler[kidnapping thing.]
After that things kinda settled like they were supposed to.
All they've been through connected them with an unbreakable bond.
Riddley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely love this show. I gave it a Masterpiece as well.

I get that most people's criticism of the show will be the lack of development of the Heartseed part, but honestly if you haven't gotten it by now the reason it's never discussed is because it's irrelevant. Heartseed is just a plot driver, not the plot in itself. That's what I love about the show. It's that honesty.

And that's what I think makes it a masterpiece. IT's some of the most grown up, real, and tangible character writing and scripting I've seen in anime yet. Particularly how spoiler[Taichi and Inaba] get together in the end. The story could have gone down the usual anime trope but they didn't and I love it for that. Particularly when there are shows like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo where Nanami is a much better match for Sorata but they stay with that "canon" relationship.

My only regret with this show is that the hijinx of the staff are probably the major reason it's not as popular as it could be. I was so disappointed with all the hoopla as I knew it would harm a show that was worth much more than the publicity it was getting.

At any rate, I don't give out many masterpieces but this is definitely one. And I hope many more people get a chance to enjoy it as much as I did!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
that was a long wait for the final 4 episodes, but it was worth it. it was a very well done story arc, and Inaba is still my favorite character. this show gets an Excellent rating from me
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Alright I just watched the last 3 episodes. I loved this arc and especially enjoyed that there were some humor here and there despite it being a dramatic arc. Like the scene with Tachi and his little sister, and how overjoyed he was with the kiss and of course the other 3 heard him and were disgusted by it. Then there was Inaba's embarrassing secret of having erotic dreams of Taichi. On that note, we Inaba fans can rejoice spoiler[that Taichi and her are going out. The scene before with Taichi and Iori was nicely done, as they did not regret falling in love with each other and thus moved on]. Although its a little strange that Taichi still mentions Inaba by her last name. I don't think Inaba's first name Himeko was ever mentioned by anyone in the series, not even by her best friend Iori. Although Iori does call her by a nickname "Inaban".

After watching the first 13 episodes, I gave this anime an excellent. But after watching these 4 episodes, I decided to up it to a masterpiece. Like the others who rated this as a masterpiece, I also agree that this probably not in the standards of other masterpieces, but I truly loved this series.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
On that note, we Inaba fans can rejoice spoiler[that Taichi and her are going out.]

Getting to see Inaba as a six year old was worth the price of admission. I wish I could get a girlfriend to do that now and then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21