• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Entertainment discontinued anime releases update

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Sword of the Stranger Blu-ray (Hyb) is showing up as sold out at this time on RightStuf. They may of course get a few more in, but if you are interested in this title you may want to keep your eyes on it. The RS sale plus membership drops it to approximately $24 while animecorner on Amazon is selling it at nearly $70.

This makes me sad. I had been wanting to get it but I did not have the money. I guess I will have to hunt it down when I have the money.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Saiki_Thorn wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
Sword of the Stranger Blu-ray (Hyb) is showing up as sold out at this time on RightStuf. They may of course get a few more in, but if you are interested in this title you may want to keep your eyes on it. The RS sale plus membership drops it to approximately $24 while animecorner on Amazon is selling it at nearly $70.

This makes me sad. I had been wanting to get it but I did not have the money. I guess I will have to hunt it down when I have the money.

They may still be able to scrounge up a few copies which is why its listed as sold out while the DVD version is listed as no longer available for purchase. I would check the page regularly as its possible they may get a few more in.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
As I mentioned above RS might be able to scrounge up a few more copies of Sword of the Stranger BD and it looks like they did. Current count is 26 price is the same and with current sale and membership you can still pick it up for about $24.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
More releases with counters now @ TSRI.

Latest Counter Round-up @ TRSI
Quote:

---

---

Last edited by WTK on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Unicorn has sold pretty well overall, which Im glad. I get the volume that comes out essentially right when it does, especially due to the release patterns now since Bandai is done in the US.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't recall ever hearing about HONNEAMISE. Do they officially own the rights to release Unicorn cause they still list Bandai as the official licensee?
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Ugh these Unicorn volumes going out of print is bugging the crap out of me Mad .
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Ugh these Unicorn volumes going out of print is bugging the crap out of me Mad .

Me too. I've been trying to watch some episodes of Unicorn to see if I'll like it enough to purchase, but there are no legal sites streaming the episodes. Unfortunately, I haven't watched the previous Gundam series/movies tied to the Unicorn timeline, so I'm not sure if I'll fully enjoy them without that background going into it.

Seeing the counter going down on each release has me worried....I don't want to lose out on owning something that should be in my collection.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
I don't recall ever hearing about HONNEAMISE. Do they officially own the rights to release Unicorn cause they still list Bandai as the official licensee?

Honneamise is label under Bandai Visual. I don't own any of the domestic discs but I believe all of the production takes place in Japan.

I've thought about buying a second set but I'm so tight on funds right now. I'll barely be able to afford my pre-orders as is. I hope everyone that wants one gets one before they are gone.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
It looks like I'm gonna have to make another rightstuf order so soon after making such a huge one. I need Vols 4 & 5 (and well 6 too i suppose). I fear Vol 5 will soon be gone. Sad
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
I've been wanting to pick up some Gundam for a long time, but I just don't have the finances at the moment to make it happen. I think I'll have to just look away and not think about it too much as the counters wind down. Sad

On Right Stuf:
Akira BD is showing "no longer available for purchase".
Sword of the Stranger BD showing "no longer available for purchase".
5 Centimeters Per Second is showing "sold out".
Witch Hunter Robin has sprung a counter at 92.
FLEABttn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I'd be less concerned about Unicorn going out of print, unless it's going out of print internationally; you can still get the discs for an incredibly similar price (aside from shipping) from Amazon.co.jp.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
FLEABttn wrote:
I'd be less concerned about Unicorn going out of print, unless it's going out of print internationally; you can still get the discs for an incredibly similar price (aside from shipping) from Amazon.co.jp.

When you buy from Amazon Japan, do they charge tax the same as the US version of the site?

The Haruhi movie combo is down to 16 copies....I've been holding off for the longest time, but it looks like I will need to jump on it soon. Will probably get something along with it for the free shipping. lol I wonder if Right Stuf plans to have a Bandai sale anytime soon that way I could purchase everything I want from them in one order.
FLEABttn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
FLEABttn wrote:

When you buy from Amazon Japan, do they charge tax the same as the US version of the site?

Probably not, but I don't live in a state where they charge tax anyways.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
De-list listing round-up (since last update) @ TRSI...
Quote:
  • .hack//G.U. Trilogy DVD (S)
  • 5 Centimeters Per Second DVD (Hyb)
  • Aika R-16 Virgin Mission DVD (Hyb)
  • Big O II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends)
  • Girl Who Leapt Through Space, The DVD 3 (S)
  • Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends)
  • Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie: Disappearance of Haruhi DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb)
  • Sword of the Stranger Blu-ray (Hyb)
    ---
  • Akira Blu-ray (Hyb)

Latest Counter Round-up @ TRSI
Quote:

---

---
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 15