• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hyde in Anaheim, San Francisco in July

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote
well isn't that interesting why is he pretending to be Jesus on the cover?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quote
I wish I lived in California Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
LadySage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote
I wish I lived in San Francisco! The Anaheim concert actively conflicts with Anime Expo. So totally unfair!
BigPants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
LadySage wrote:
I wish I lived in San Francisco! The Anaheim concert actively conflicts with Anime Expo. So totally unfair!

Blow the convention off! Smile

Actually, I just told some of the people I'm going with to AX and we're just going to leave the con to go, whether or not Hyde makes a stop at the con.

From what I hear, there is a shuttle from the hotel that goes to that area, but... I'm really unfamiliar with LA so don't know any specifics.

-BigPants
http://www.dubreview.com
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
BigPants wrote:

Blow the convention off! Smile

Actually, I just told some of the people I'm going with to AX and we're just going to leave the con to go, whether or not Hyde makes a stop at the con.

From what I hear, there is a shuttle from the hotel that goes to that area, but... I'm really unfamiliar with LA so don't know any specifics.

-BigPants
http://www.dubreview.com

The concert is at the House of Blues, which is in Downtown Disney, which is no more than a ~7 minute walk from the Anaheim convention center, which is where AX is. It's very convenient to the con and I have no doubt whoever booked Hyde specifically did so to coincide with the convention.

Taking 2 hours or so out of your day to go to the concert isn't "blowing off the convention". It's not like you have to spend every waking second at the con while you're there.

Also, LA has nothing to do with this. Anaheim is in Orange County.
BigPants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Taking 2 hours or so out of your day to go to the concert isn't "blowing off the convention". It's not like you have to spend every waking second at the con while you're there.

Actually, that's why I used that term. LadySage made it sound like (to me) that it was inconvenient that the show was scheduled during the convention. I meant blow it off for those few hours.

-BigPants
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Btw, Tofu's webmaster denies the concert is confirmed. I think Ticketmaster just let it slip a few days early.
Jadress

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me for being *completely* ignorant of the world of j-rock for a second, but why did I think that Hyde was dead? I remember someone told me he died and it was really sad. Or is this a different jrocker I'm thinking of? Yes, I know nothing about jrock.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Forgive me for being *completely* ignorant of the world of j-rock for a second, but why did I think that Hyde was dead? I remember someone told me he died and it was really sad. Or is this a different jrocker I'm thinking of? Yes, I know nothing about jrock.

That's Hide from X-Japan -- similar name, different guy.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I might take interest in this, seeing as I'm going to be at AX, but I remembered that even the mere thought Hyde makes me want to hurt kittens.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
So this guy's gonna be in Anaheim and then three months later we have an Anime-con in the same location. It's gonna be busy Wink
Chaps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Ah, yes...I love living in such a convenient location. House of Blues is like 20 minutes away from where I live, and naturally AX is close by too. Rolling Eyes
xstylus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
So this guy's gonna be in Anaheim and then three months later we have an Anime-con in the same location. It's gonna be busy Wink

A con 3 months later? What one? I'm not aware of any Anaheim Anime conventions in October.

As for all the rumors about Hyde in Anaheim, even though Ticketmaster and HoB say they're going to be there, that means absolutely squat.

It basically amounts to a premature announcement, and there have been times where people pulled out of a venue because someone made a premature announcement, so nothing's in stone.

In fact, if the mods on Tofu's forum are any indicator, I'd say they're less than pleased right now. Better to sit back and see what happens.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
xstylus wrote:
As for all the rumors about Hyde in Anaheim, even though Ticketmaster and HoB say they're going to be there, that means absolutely squat.

http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail.asp?eventid=38241

Quote:
House of Blues Anaheim »
1530 S. Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92802
714.778.BLUE

map + directions
price : $20.00 - $25.00 *
date : Sun, July 02
door : 7:00pm
show : 8:00pm
notes :: Tickets go on sale April 5th at 10 am. This is an all ages show. Anyone age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years old with a valid state I.D. For more information please call the Box Office at 714.778.BLUE (2583).

Maybe the info wasn't supposed to go public quite yet, but saying it means squat seems kind of silly.
Steven Hammock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I am a STREET TEAM LEADER for Tofu Records, so I feel like shedding some light here.

It's true that both HoB Anaheim and Ticketmaster.com had previously announced the HYDE concert. The tickets were supposed to go on sale at 10:00 AM TUESDAY morning for HoB members, and 10:00 AM WEDNESDAY morning for regular concert-goers.

Either the concert wasn't ever actually planned, or it HASN'T been confirmed yet, because the links to all ticket-purchasing outlets have been removed... disabling HYDE ticket sales for the ANAHEIM concert in the process.

The Street Team Leaders are still waiting for an official announcement from Tofu Records about this concert, and once we get one I will try and post it here.

NOTE THAT THE SAN FRANCISCO SHOW IS STILL SCHEDULED FOR JULY 5TH!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3