• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucky Star Spinoff Manga Miyakawa-ke no Kūfuku Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Do you know the history of this shrine in regards to this property?
Yes.

Quote:
Also, calling a Shinto Shrine a "church" is...yeah...
A place of worship, maybe? There are churches that are also shrines as well. Lourde's being just one example. Think of it as loose colloquialism, like a Japanese person calling a church a shrine, if you can.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I wonder what the real Sinto priest thinks about his shrine being used for advertising a spin off from a manga based on moe/loli-com themes.

The priest has dealt with visits from about a million (literally) otaku since Lucky Star started. I doubt that this will faze him much.

Quote:
if discretionary silence means more brass in the collection plate, basket, box

How do you know that the priest has been silent? Who are you expecting him to talk to? And if he has been silent it might mean that he does not believe that this publicity is disrespectful to him, his shrine, or his religion.
The shrine has had a lot of publicity over the last six or seven years, so the general public already knows all about it, and the local merchants have been happily taking advantage of it.
Even if the priest did speak out against this I doubt that it would make any difference.

Quote:
so be it as long as no one else notices the demon behind the mask. ¬_¬

Which demon and what mask would that be?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3