• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AKB48, Bakemonogatari, Persona 4 Win Gold Disc Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Other winners include Nogizaka46 and One Direction winning the New Artist of the Year award, Alexandra Stan and Hot Chelle Rae winning the Best 3 New Artists award, and KARA winning Best Asian Artist.

Quote:
include Nogizaka46 and One Direction winning the New Artist of the Year award...

Quote:
"include Nogizaka46 and One Direction"

Quote:
"One Direction"

Japan, love is over.

Besides that oddity, everything else seems good in my book, honestly. Nice to see Persona 4 Golden listed (even though, to be fair, the soundtrack is a number years old, but eh...).
Ponkotsu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Persona 4 The Golden Original Soundtrack came out on June 27, 2012 which fits the time period.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Ponkotsu wrote:
Persona 4 The Golden Original Soundtrack came out on June 27, 2012 which fits the time period.

Not exactly. As far as I am aware, majority of the soundtrack was just reused from the PS2 release, which is why I'm surprised...
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Ponkotsu wrote:

Not exactly. As far as I am aware, majority of the soundtrack was just reused from the PS2 release, which is why I'm surprised...

But the Golden CD itself came out this year. Yes, a lot of it is remixes and reused tracks, but it doesn't matter if it is. The fact is that the CD that came out this year got a huge number of sales. I don't think that the judges care if 50% of the OST's tracks are from a previous one. You hear artist CDs with songs they've previously released before (albums?).
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:
Ponkotsu wrote:

But the Golden CD itself came out this year. Yes, a lot of it is remixes and reused tracks, but it doesn't matter if it is. The fact is that the CD that came out this year got a huge number of sales. I don't think that the judges care if 50% of the OST's tracks are from a previous one. You hear artist CDs with songs they've previously released before (albums?).

Ah, you got a point.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Actually P4G soundtrack didn't reuse any tracks, all tracks were never released with the original sound track.

Snowflakes for example, that was a good one that not only fit the season's theme but also had lyrics that fit the story's theme.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
In comparison, that Bakemonogatari album was actually almost entirely previously released tracks, but those were all from CDs included with LE DVDs/BDs. It's pretty understandable why a lot of people (me included) would buy it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:09 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

One Direction winning the New Artist of the Year award, Alexandra Stan and Hot Chelle Rae winning the Best 3 New Artists award,

Hahaha! Well, they do love their pop idol bands! Laughing

(Though seriously, 1D lyrics lend themselves well for anime music videos: "What Makes You Beautiful," etc. No wonder lots of tween girls dig it.)
lizardking461

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 am Reply with quote
I think someone needs to get on the phone to Japan and inform them that award ceremonies based off of sales are rather pointless, especially when it comes to recorded music... That's why the music recording sales certifications exist...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1