• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Exclusive Heads to N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
Guess I'm cancelling my reserve at GameStop and preordering it from Namco Bandai instead!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
what no amazon?
Setsura1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Don't even have a console, but still...must have! but i only have a $40 Gamestop gift card! Anyone interested?! Anime hyper...seriously
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so NA will get everything the Europeans will get, one extra figurine to a lower price as well as an earlier release? Sad
Son-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote
Hawkwing wrote:
Wait, so NA will get everything the Europeans will get, one extra figurine to a lower price as well as an earlier release? Sad

But it's only limited to pre-orders and from the Official Bandai Namco website. My guess being that it's only available in limited quantities whereas in Europe, I imagine the Limited Edition is much easier to get and readily available. Then again, I'm not so sure.
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
Son-kun wrote:
Hawkwing wrote:

But it's only limited to pre-orders and from the Official Bandai Namco website. My guess being that it's only available in limited quantities whereas in Europe, I imagine the Limited Edition is much easier to get and readily available. Then again, I'm not so sure.

Yeah, according to Namco Bandai, there will only be 5000 copies of the limited edition in NA.
sonryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Since the site said they would start preorders on 1/21, I figured that they would start at the stroke of midnight. Not knowing what timezone that would be however, I've been checking on the site at least hourly since the middle of yesterday (including all through last night; I have no idea how quickly those 5000 units will sell out, and I wanted to make sure I got one). So all day I was checking on the site, and it looks like they started around 2:30p est. I quickly placed my preorder for the PS3 version with figurines. Considering those figures go for about $25-$30 EACH, this is a heck of a bargain. They're not sold out yet, so I guess I didn't have to be so impatient about it Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 am Reply with quote
I got trolled by Namco Bandai. On Monday morning, I tried to pre-order the limited edition of this game but their website wouldn't let me. I was told that I needed to be a Club Namco member and the only way to become one was to purchase something else and set up my account in the check out. So I ordered something else, set up my account, and then pre-ordered the game. Hours later I was informed that Namco Bandai opened up pre-orders to non Club Namco members.

[Insert Troll face here]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1