• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Planetes DVD 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
While I haven't seen vol 6 yet, I still agre with Key in that this series is one of the best sci-fi shows to date. For me, the most appealing aspect is the realism. There is no magic or super-natural powers at work here. Something similar to this story could actually happen in the future. My late grandfather was an engineer for NASA. He worked directly on both the Mercury & Gemini programs and invented quite a few things. I guess that is why this show appeals to me so much.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote
as I watched this on fansub back in 2003/2004, I already have seen the series (which is why I've been getting this on DVD as soon as each volume has been coming out), and fully agree with the review. It simply tells a good story and tells it well. I recommend this series to ALL fans who enjoy good story-telling.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
LOVED the series not much else to say. I was actually a big fan of the manga prior so that's why I decided to check it out. Usually these anime adaptations are never that good but this is one of maybe two that I would consider equal to the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1