• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Picks up Tactics, Street Fighter II

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosbladeuk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Although the link goes to Tactics' manga, I'm presuming its the anime they've licensed (and a crappy one too :p) Oh boy when will Manga actually license something decent once a while =\
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Fixed, thanks.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
chaos: Well since they're working with AnchorBay, they theoretically could release Angel's Egg on dvd.
Area88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
'Angel's Egg' !!! - Oh please don't toy with my emotions its been in limbo for 5 years.

There's surely no chance of seeing a dvd release until Anchor's Bay license expires.

Out of all the companies that release anime, Manga has to be the worst one, all their releases have glitches and flaws. I think it would be best if they left the industry all together and gave their licenses to someone who cares enough to give them proper treatment.
Serge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for Street Fighter II V to be released Uncut, which ever company releases it, can't stand the Edited "Manga Entertainment" Region 1 DVD Version.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote
About time the Street Fighter II movie got a decent DVD release, considering the dub-only, edited, and re-scored with now rather "dated" mid-90s industrial and grunge music DVD is only about a year or so short of being a full decade old now (and the VHS version predates even that).

I'm surprised that Manga Entertainment got it, considering their overall "dead in the water" status over the past couple of years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Took Manga long enough to do bring out an uncut version of SF2.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait on buying SF2 until I've seen some reviews. Manga can't stand to leave something alone and not tinker with it.
Any idea who's doing the translation? There's one particular section (where Ken is remembering his master Gouken's teachings) that has taken me years to decipher. I'd like to make sure they get that part right. (The dub butchered that part.)
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I'd imagine what took them so long is that they were waiting for Sony's license for the film to lapse, since Sony seemed uninterested in doing anything else with the license.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
drgonzo369

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the SF2:Movie will just say that on the title screen, like my japanese VHS tape does that I still watch. If it's truely uncut, with the japanese audio and songs, then I'm picking it up on release date. I can't wait.... Manga hopefully won't let me down like they did originally. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Guyver III

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I have The spanish release of the DVD, i picked it up once when on hiliday in Tenerife. Anyway, the only reason i bought it was because i saw that it had the Japanese audio on it, whereas the UK release of SF: II didn't.
I have to say that the Japanese audio is utter shite compared to the Manga Ent. dub. The soundtrack for the Japanese version just doesnt go with the feel of the film at all. This maybe because i first saw it with the dub, and that im used to it, but that just my opinion.

Other than that, i hope it does get an uncut release, as its a film that deserves to be seen in its entirety.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Cool, Tactics got licenced. IMO the series is quite interesting, judging from what I've seen so far in the subs. I might end up picking it up. Confused

As for SF2, I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's great that it's finally getting a REAL uncut release.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
chaosbladeuk wrote:
Although the link goes to Tactics' manga, I'm presuming its the anime they've licensed (and a crappy one too :p) Oh boy when will Manga actually license something decent once a while =\

Eh, the Tactics anime isn't bad. It's not as good as the manga, but it has it perks, but that could be me watching it while still wanting for more Tactics manga. At least someone is releasing it after ADV bailed on it, but I'd still rather have the manga.

I've not followed any Manga release that is actually a television series, so what kind of release pattern do their series typically have?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote
So for SF2, does that mean Chun Li's shower scene will be EVEN longer?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
So for SF2, does that mean Chun Li's shower scene will be EVEN longer?

Yup!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2