• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation April 2013 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, wonder if they're worried about Fam since they're releasing both halves at once. Honestly by the end I was kinda lukewarm about the show so I'll probably wait a little bit to get it, I've got plenty of other things to buy in the meantime.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I've had it with these half-sets. Whenever I wait long enough to find good deals on 'em, they go around and release a complete set with an SRP slightly more than the half ones. I'm not wasting my money and taking up more shelf space again till I can be sure a title is the "definitive" collection, or something pretty close to it. I'm still a bit pissed about all these stupid BD/DVD combos in [expletive] DVD cases I have lying on my shelf, too Mad.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
While I'm happy about Railgun and Silver Wing...this Roberta's Bloodtrail bullshit is really getting out of hand.

Why f**king bother license it if you're gonna sit on it for the better part of two f**king years? In today's business world, there's a term for that: Trademark trolling. Granted, it's different from the usual sense...but just as much the same.

And isn't this like the fourth time they're re-releasing Eden of the East? It's getting absurd. They had better include the movies with this one at least. But looking at TSRI's runtime...most likely not. In which case, f**k you.

Last edited by PrecisionCrab on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry, Tony, soon they'll be introducing half half sets, featuring a whole staggering six episodes for the same price!

But really, I wonder if they do want to go back to singles these days, they surely don't seem to ever want to complete boxsets unless it's 12 episodes.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
While I'm happy about Railgun and Silver Wing...this Roberta's Bloodtrail bullshit is really getting out of hand.

Why f**king bother license it if you're gonna sit on it for the better part of two f**king years? In today's business world, there's a term for that: Trademark trolling. Granted, it's different from the usual sense...but just as much the same.

And isn't this like the fourth time they're re-releasing Eden of the East? It's getting absurd. They had better include the movies with this one at least. But looking at TSRI's runtime...most likely not. In which case, f**k you.

Roberta's Blood Trail is set to be released this spring
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Hmm, wonder if they're worried about Fam since they're releasing both halves at once. Honestly by the end I was kinda lukewarm about the show so I'll probably wait a little bit to get it, I've got plenty of other things to buy in the meantime.

I'll probably get Fam Part 1, then Part 2 a few months down, I already have everything else but Fairy Tail and Railgun I'm going to wait for BDs.

Tony K wrote:
I've had it with these half-sets. Whenever I wait long enough to find good deals on 'em, they go around and release a complete set with an SRP slightly more than the half ones. I'm not wasting my money and taking up more shelf space again till I can be sure a title is the "definitive" collection, or something pretty close to it. I'm still a bit pissed about all these stupid BD/DVD combos in [expletive] DVD cases I have lying on my shelf, too.

Eden of the East BD-sized TV and DVD-sized Movies and combos will FOREVER mock me. Them re-releasing it multiple times is just salt in the wounds.

I don't mind half-sets provided there's a month or 2 period between them. 6 releases in around a 4 month period for Shana is way over the line for me, by the time I feel like even starting it, there probably will already be whole season sets.
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Only thing Ill be getting is Fam. I either have the other stuff, or dont want it.

But hey, gives me more money to buy something else
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Roberta's Blood Trail is set to be released this spring

Don't you mean last spring?
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
No, it was acquired then. They never had a release date for it.
superdry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:

There is a very good reason for the delay along with the rest of the Geneon licenses announced at AX a few years ago. Shit got tied up (materials delay) when Geneon JP and Universal JP were merging.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Railgun, huh?

still not buying capu as long as it is on DVD.
I guess if they can make money off the series that's good.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
There is a very good reason for the delay along with the rest of the Geneon licenses announced at AX a few years ago. Shit got tied up (materials delay) when Geneon JP and Universal JP were merging.

So why is Black Lagoon seemingly the only series to majorly suffer from it? Cause, that's literally like the only thread left dangling.

This is either Funi f*cking about, or Ocean Group having difficulties getting the original cast back together. ...But considering how tight-knit a studio it is, I really doubt that's the case.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
No, it was acquired then. They never had a release date for it.

No, it was acquired two springs ago.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know...the people is marketing their boxset part (or whoever if in charge of it), are they drunk when they decided what to do with them?

I mean...is it really needed to releases part 1 two times (one with the limited and 1 without the box). Wouldn't it just be smarter for them to...oh, I don't know, make part 2 with the box and not part 1?

Ok, what if someone doesn't want the box (like a bind buy for the 1st part to see if they like it), and decide to get part 2...well, you're not going to have that fancy box to put your 2 part show together. And I highly doubt said person is going to buy part 1, again, to get that box.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8