• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Livin' on the Edge

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Glad to know I'm not the only one unimpressed with the spin-offs from "Alice in the Country of Hearts" manga. Pairing Alice with almost every single character can only be so original before it turns into generic mush.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
No Comment

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I've been having to read Crime And Punishment for my AP Literature class and boy is it a pain. It's thorough and my mind wanders a lot. When my mind wanders, it usually wanders towards anime. First I'm thinking, "Hey, this interrogation scene is really similar to Death Note", next I'm thinking, "Forget Death Note. Someone adapt this into an anime already".

BAM! Manga, close enough. Might have to check it out. The thought of, "This book would be more enjoyable if it had pictures" came up more than once during my reading, and it'd be cool to see a more modern and easy-to-relate-to interpretation.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
No Comment wrote:
Lol, I've been having to read Crime And Punishment for my AP Literature class and boy is it a pain. It's thorough and my mind wanders a lot. When my mind wanders, it usually wanders towards anime. First I'm thinking, "Hey, this interrogation scene is really similar to Death Note", next I'm thinking, "Forget Death Note. Someone adapt this into an anime already".

BAM! Manga, close enough. Might have to check it out. The thought of, "This book would be more enjoyable if it had pictures" came up more than once during my reading, and it'd be cool to see a more modern and easy-to-relate-to interpretation.

This is undoubtedly a symptom of what the internet does to the human brain, inherently diminishing its ability to focus on only one task at a time. At the same time, Russian literature itself isn't easy to read; I sympathize with the uphill battle you're fighting.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:18 am Reply with quote
Nadare Xizos wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one unimpressed with the spin-offs from "Alice in the Country of Hearts" manga. Pairing Alice with almost every single character can only be so original before it turns into generic mush.

I wouldn't call them spin-offs of the manga though, since it really isn't a spin off of that. All the manga for the series is based off the game. It's just another adaption of the game, where Alice could be paired with almost every single character. So just another anthology~ (´・ω・`) Though I do suppose it's mostly fan service for those who played the game and did like Eliot.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:41 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
No Comment wrote:

This is undoubtedly a symptom of what the internet does to the human brain, inherently diminishing its ability to focus on only one task at a time. At the same time, Russian literature itself isn't easy to read; I sympathize with the uphill battle you're fighting.

Also depends on how well the translation. In class, I didn't use the Crime and Punishment translated book that was provided for us - I preferred my cousin's book which has a better flowing translation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1