• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Minami-ke: Tadaima Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
certainly wasnt expecting this
GiriOni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Best news.... ever. lol I must say how unexpected this is. Looking forward to it. Smile
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
So i can assume they didn't stream the other seasons

That means we might just finally get this show licensed for home video. Not nailed on but some hope is better than none
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
So i can assume they didn't stream the other seasons

Legal simulcasting had barely come into existence when the last series aired (January - March 2009). Funimation itself didn't make their first attempt at simulcasting until May of that year.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Testing waters to see if maybe they should go back and license the first 3 seasons for home media? I certainly hope so, since for now this season getting a physical release is anything but a certainty. Very glad they're at least getting it a chance though, I hope it performs well for them since it's a great, great S.o.L. / Comedy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CXHazuki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
This is cool, although funimations website is not very good.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:

That means we might just finally get this show licensed for home video. Not nailed on but some hope is better than none

I would have thought that Sentai would have eventually licensed it since it is a slice-of-life comedy and Funimation doesn't usually license those. Perhaps this could be them testing the waters for a sub-only release or perhaps they felt that this was enough of a comedy that it doesn't seem too Slice-of-Lifey for them. I imagine that we won't hear about home video rights until after it's done and the streaming numbers meet their criteria.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
This pleases Melanchthon. Hopefully, this indicates a potential license for the rest of the franchise. I've always believed that Minami-ke would be profitable state-side. And if not, I'll still be glad for Funi's professional subbing. Although, I have to say I don't appreciate Funi's newfound two week delay before beginning all their streamings. I imagine the delay is on the Japanese side, but still, you could at least announce it ahead of time, so I don't have to waste my time with fansubs.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh God!!!! Please people watch this so we can get season 1 on Blu-ray!!!!!!! Wow Dude Damn good pick up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Oh God!!!! Please people watch this so we can get season 1 on Blu-ray!!!!!!! Wow Dude Damn good pick up

I doubt anyone would license this for release on BD, it's just a bit too old and low quality for it look decent when upscaled.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Please god release all the Minami-ke seasons for home video. It was the most hilarious anime I had ever seen before I watched Working! I need to own this show. Please!

I always thought Rightstuf would get it personally. Just seemed like their type of show. At this point I don't care who got it. I just want it all to get released.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Huh, that's quite a surprise.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

I doubt anyone would license this for release on BD, it's just a bit too old and low quality for it look decent when upscaled.

Yea, the PQ of the BD set of season 1 is "meh."

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?16526-Minami-ke-BD-Box&p=157633&viewfull=1#post157633
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I think some avid fans might say that FUNimation need only license the first season, as this one is really the second...? Razz

Last edited by Asrialys on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Huh, that's quite a surprise.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Yea, the PQ of the BD set of season 1 is "meh."

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?16526-Minami-ke-BD-Box&p=157633&viewfull=1#post157633

should I really care?? i mean for the god it's from the studio that did bible black.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
wasnt that Milky and not Daume
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2