• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nitroplus Mascot Super Sonico Gets 1/2-Scale Statue

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
That's...actually a pretty good price for a 1:2 scale figure. Super Sonico isn't a character that interests me, but I could see me spending that on a 1:2 scale figure of a character I like easily. I'd hate to see what the shipping costs for it would be though Anime dazed
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow Shocked I wonder if it's cast-off Very Happy

Sailor S wrote:
I'd hate to see what the shipping costs for it would be though Anime dazed

Yeah, it would be through the roof. And I can see the top of her headband breaking easily
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I can definitely see Sonico joining the ranks of characters immortalized in 1:1 scale before long. But why stop there? 1:1/2 Sonico anyone?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Super Sonico has inspired a variety of products, including interactive software, hugging pillows, music singles, and a crossover with Saints Row: The Third.

Wait, what the fu-
*readjusts glasses*

...That is...unique.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
victor viper wrote:
I can definitely see Sonico joining the ranks of characters immortalized in 1:1 scale before long. But why stop there? 1:1/2 Sonico anyone?

Her chest probably wouldn't fit through doors. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
Why are all the girls knock-kneed and pigeon-toed?! Laughing
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
Just a while ago I was looking at a CR article about some 1/6 scale release and I wondered why there seems to be a lack of big ass 1/1 or 1/2 scale models.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Japanese residences are tiny, that's why.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Ultimate Madoka 1/8 cost me about $150 to ship from Japan via fedex international 2-3 days, which is approximately the price of the figure itself.

Considering Sonico is 1/2 and that Fedex would likely charge you for oversized packaging on top of the actual shipping itself, I wouldn't be surprised if shipping came out to be around $500+. I'm pretty sure the weight of that figure itself is not going to be light either. Not too keen on A-TOYS though in terms of quality vs. say Good Smile or Max Factory.
labmember001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Ultimate Madoka 1/8 cost me about $150 to ship from Japan via fedex international 2-3 days, which is approximately the price of the figure itself.

Considering Sonico is 1/2 and that Fedex would likely charge you for oversized packaging on top of the actual shipping itself, I wouldn't be surprised if shipping came out to be around $500+. I'm pretty sure the weight of that figure itself is not going to be light either. Not too keen on A-TOYS though in terms of quality vs. say Good Smile or Max Factory.

Why did you pay that much? You must be really impatient if you're getting international 2-3 day shipping, or you need to find a better company to order through. I've ordered bunches of figures together that came in a box that Sonico figure would fit in, and it was about $40 shipping from Japan to the US. EMS standard shipping takes about a week, but it's nowhere near the price you paid.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

LOL so tiny that they can't fit a person in them?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Well, to be fair he does have a point. They are very tiny, to the point that if you can get 8 figures (1/8 scale) instead of 1, most collectors would go that route. Also, the difference between the price of a 1/2 scale and a 1/1 scale is disproportional. The price of this one being $450 is quite fair. But from what I've seen of 1/1 scale figures, they tend to be $2000 or better. Considering that most 1/8 scale figures are roughly $80-$100, it just makes more economic sense too. If I could fit 8 figures for about $800 into a space a 1/1 scale for over $1000 would take up, well I think I'd go with the 8.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty big model. And it's only running $400+? Wow. Something like that would have been in the thousands.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

No, but they are damn small and you gotta economize. A house as big as an average western one is considered a damn mansion in Japan.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Well, to be fair he does have a point. They are very tiny, to the point that if you can get 8 figures (1/8 scale) instead of 1, most collectors would go that route. Also, the difference between the price of a 1/2 scale and a 1/1 scale is disproportional. The price of this one being $450 is quite fair. But from what I've seen of 1/1 scale figures, they tend to be $2000 or better. Considering that most 1/8 scale figures are roughly $80-$100, it just makes more economic sense too. If I could fit 8 figures for about $800 into a space a 1/1 scale for over $1000 would take up, well I think I'd go with the 8.

I suppose but I can't think of any collection of 8 figures that would be as cool of a collector item as a 5-6 foot tall figure. Maybe for Sonico, but if someone made like a 6 foot tall Gundam figure I can't imagine anyone being like the 8 small ones are cooler.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1