• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Creating In-House Department for Tv Movies & Mini-Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quote
PrometheusUFO
No more digimon on DIsney family? *L*
altho it might have been a saban title they now owen it,Would kill to see mon cole knights again to bad that and Pizza cats have been removed from TV and hidden away in disneys valt.....
Alex K.
They could but it wont save them money they already have a ton of crappy live action shows they cant run 24/& and with this they now can run crappy live action films 24/7 thruout all thier channles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote
Alex K. wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
Here is a suggestion, ROBOTECH!!!!!

Older people would love to watch that gem, and it has plenty of episodes so they could play it long time.

Why? They already showed it on Toonami, and the original Macross series is on DVD for anyone who wants to see it in its pre-Robotech form. And I don't think little kids would care much for some serious sci-fi show from the '80s when they've got the action-packed Naruto with its slick 2002 animation.

I was refering to the line on this thread that about saved by the bell. Many people have been saying they are doing it because it is vintage, well a I gave a vintage anime replacement.
You got me that it was on Toonami, I was unaware. However I bet it was on when Toonami was earlier in the day, in which case I was at work and did not even notice ads about the show.
I don't have the DVD, the last time I saw the show was when I was a kid. I don't have 70- 120 dollars to pay for it right now. My anime collection is very limited (20 titles). I am still a struggling young man (25), and anime is a very expensive hobby.
As to your line about little kids, I couldn't give a flying flip flop about them, where talking about ADULT SWIM here.
So I ask would you rather watch Saved by the Bell or Robotech? I am guessing there are more people like me than the saved by the bell crowd.

Also there have been some very good suggestions by other peeps, all I am saying is robotech is something I would like to see. Others have suggested gems as well.

Also I used to watch Saved by the Bell(not religiously), and it does not belong on [AS]. Any cartoon would be a better replacement, hopefully anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Zippydsm wrote:
PrometheusUFO
No more digimon on DIsney family? *L*
altho it might have been a saban title they now owen it,Would kill to see mon cole knights again to bad that and Pizza cats have been removed from TV and hidden away in disneys valt.....
Alex K.
They could but it wont save them money they already have a ton of crappy live action shows they can't run 24/& and with this they now can run crappy live action films 24/7 thruout all thier channles.

Disney Family? What network is that supposedly? I know of ABC Family, Disney Channel, and Toon Disney, but I've never heard of Disney Family. Digimon is scheduled to be replaced by Oban Star Racers later this year on ABC Family, but it is supposedly remaining on Toon Disney's schedule on Tuesday thru Thursday. Mon Colle Knights has been confirmed to join Toon Disney's Jetix line-up this fall. Either way mentioning it doesn't really belong in a CN thread unless it was a response to a previous question.

I enjoy Zixx and if the hybrid shows that CN does end up similiar to Zixx, then I won't complain, but I would prefer CN aquire shows like Gundam SEED Destiny instead of wasting their money on hybrid series.
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan
ABC = Disney
Sorry for the confustion.
DIgimon Savers is going out I hope Disney ignores it it would be nice if a real anime company got Digimon.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
porcupyne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
boycott all of adult swim for the entire run of Saved By The Bell. ratings is the only thing execs care about. boycotting the rest of the shows would definately hurt the ratings and make the execs take notice.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
I'm willing to believe there is another reason here.

What if AS is not doing it on purpose (either as a reactionary thing or just someone at Williams Street watching too much 12 Oz. Mouse and Tom Goes to the Mayor at the same time and went batshit insane)? What if Turner Broadcasting forced it upon them for an unexplained reason? Copyright issue, some funding requirement, or just a stupid idea from some corporate big-wig?

I'm willing to believe this theory.
Jak Crow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote
Bell02 wrote:

Yeah, this is also true. G4 is crap! They also let their Anime unleashed thing go down the whole with no new programs and showing their old shows out of order.

You are incorrect. G4 finished up with Cromartie High School in January, then repeated RahXephon until just recently. Their current promos would indicate that new shows will be starting soon. This shows that G4 has neither let Anime Unleashed go down with no new shows nor shown old show out of order.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Zippydsm wrote:
XtremeAnimeDan
Mmmmmmm that and its cheaper to show crap you already have and are showing on your other channles,its all about money and thier not willing to spend any more on Cartoons,animation.
Mabye they are going thry a faze like Sfi FI did ,you know for a few yeras they liked anime then droped it in favor of Fantsy shows,mabye they will try it for acouple years then drop it and never touch it again!

Man that was a long time ago, if I remeber correctly the last anime related Item that the sci-fi channel showed was the two Galaxy Express 999 movies back in the summer of 2003 (correct me if I'm wrong).

I personally wish that anime was still aired on the sci-fi channel. Sad
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami
not that long ago more like 2002,they might have snuk in some after they trashed thier normal shows after they stped runnign anime noramly I quit watching and never watched it again if I want to watch Star gate I watch the reruns on TBS or soemthing >> I advoid sci fi like the pluage.

G4 is turely a lost cuase there is the rare show I can stand but they started showing that car cop drama that fox droped 2 or so years agolast year and blah cinematech was good but I hate the newish music they jsut have to use.....

Sci fi chose fantasy over animation and as mindless as its classic TV remakes are they can rot ><

Hopefuly CN will try and then drop the live action crap its pointless on aniamtion type network anyway....
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:

I believe this is posted at Anime News Network because CN happens to broadcast the most anime out of the basic cable networks in the United States. The altering of their schedule to include live action shows makes it less likely to get new Anime on the network.

Ok YTV is Canada's largest provider of Anime in Canada.They had a Schedule Change which actually effects Anime(D.I.C.E and One Piece are no longer on YTV on Friday Nights)!Guess what it wasn't even reported on this site!Yet something that doesn't have a direct connection to Anime can get reported on it.

Also did anyone think the FCC made Turner have to air AmCon?The Schedule Change on YTV was because YTV didn't full-fill their CanCon quota due to their Contract with the CRTC.

XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
Disney Family? What network is that supposedly?

Canada's own Family Channel(Yes there is a channel called Family in Canada it aired Mon Colle Knights,and aparently this first 2 Digimon Seasons) with the Magic on Disney?

XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
I enjoy Zixx and if the hybrid shows that CN does end up similiar to Zixx,

Except that the Show Zixx Level One and Zixx Level Two where both created by Main Frame Entertainment and Nelvanna for YTV with no intentions of airing it in the US,Like Dark Oracle(Another CanCon which won an Emmy).
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Primus
Canada should stop hordeing all tis great shows we are dieing here in the states for good stuff...altho the suits think otherwise ><

Has mainframe gotten better sicne Beast Machines? damn suits had to much fing controll over the show...
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Zippydsm wrote:
Primus
Canada should stop hordeing all tis great shows we are dieing here in the states for good stuff...altho the suits think otherwise ><

Has mainframe gotten better sicne Beast Machines? damn suits had to much fing controll over the show...

Meh the US isn't buying what Canada is selling in the Show Market.Though alot of European Markets like the UK and France are buying what Canada is selling(Monster Warriors is also on Jetix UK,and 15 Love is on a French Channel).

Main Frame has changed.They do alot of work for Mattel now(Barbie & Hotwheels movies),but they also did Zixx Level Two,the CGI Spiderman and a few other things.

But really what killed Beast Machines was FOX.They asked for no Projectile Weapons,Making most if not all the Maximals weapons from Beasties/Beast Wars useless.Also making the Maximals run instead of staying and fighting.But what most killed Beast Machines was the fact that most of the writters didn't return to write Beast Machines.
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Primus
Ya the suits wanted a P-C corect show with little to no fighting and thats what they got fing bites,its ture the old writers didn't coem abck but what I see destroied it was the suits doing thier normal BS to try and push a show and it wound up being crap.
God I hate suits so much they took a awesome show turn it upside down and for what a chance at more rateings??

Its like the rewites in comic moives pointless to the point of being obsence to the fans....
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quote
Zippydsm wrote:
Primus
Ya the suits wanted a P-C corect show with little to no fighting and thats what they got fing bites,its ture the old writers didn't coem abck but what I see destroied it was the suits doing thier normal BS to try and push a show and it wound up being crap.
God I hate suits so much they took a awesome show turn it upside down and for what a chance at more rateings??

Its like the rewites in comic moives pointless to the point of being obsence to the fans....

The Saddest thing is that because of these Suites,Beast Machines failed,and because of that failure TransTech(Beasties/Beast Wars second sequel) was canceled,to bad too since the Artwork done looked so good...
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Canada's own Family Channel(Yes there is a channel called Family in Canada it aired Mon Colle Knights,and aparently this first 2 Digimon Seasons) with the Magic on Disney?

It's called the Family Channel though, not Disney Family, just like in the US there's Disney Channel, ABC Family, and Toon Disney. I was trying to make sure that everyone was clear that the previous respondent was referring to ABC Family, not Disney Family (which doesn't exsist).

As far as your complaint that YTV removed One Piece and D.I.C.E. from their schedule, if you'd like the news to be posted here at Anime News Network, then you have to submit the news first. I can't help it if no one from Canada is submitting news about YTV's schedule changes. A question was asked why news about CN's live action was mentioned here at ANN, and I supplied an accurate answer.

As far as Zixx goes, usually when a series is created for a specific network (like CN and Nick do with all of their originals), they do plan on them eventually getting out into other countries, so I don't think you can actually be factual saying Zixx Level One was planned only for airing in Canada unless there is a press releases stating that it would only air there.

I don't want to get on anyone's nerves, and I apologize if I have, but I speak the facts and use specific posts to back them up, and then I state my opinions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4