• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Discotek Media Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Definitely plan on snagging Mystery of Mamo considering my recent interest in snagging Lupin III movies. Green vs Red will also be a keeper for me when it comes out in May. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
via Discotek Media Facebook page | Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo
Quote:
If we do Blu Ray for this, it won't be in 2013. The price is still WAY too high for authoring and manufacturing. It costs 4-5 times as much to make a Blu Ray as it does a DVD. When those costs start to come down, we will do more Blu Rays.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
via Discotek Media Facebook page
Quote:
Gunbuster 2: Diebuster. Complete series (6 episodes). English sub, Japanese language. Release date: May 21st 2013.

LINK
Quote:
we're probably gonna do $29.95 retail on this

---

Quote:
Legendary Ninja Cats (Japanese Samurai Pizza Cats) complete series 54 episodes Japanese language, English sub. Release date: April 30th 2013

LINK
Quote:
Saban dub will be released in a separate set in 2013. Exact date TBA

LINK
Quote:
Its going to be 8 DVDs with 54 eps and all the episodes needed to be subbed so the MSRP will probably be $64.95 or in that area.

---

Quote:
Lupin the 3rd. Green VS Red. Japanese language, English sub. Release date: May 21st 2013.

Last edited by WTK on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Quote:
Legendary Ninja Cats (Japanese Samurai Pizza Cats) complete series 54 episodes Japanese language, English sub. Release date: April 30th 2013

Quote:
Quote:
Saban dub will be released in a separate set in 2013. Exact date TBA

And I'll be looking forward to that too. Cool
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Quote:
Gunbuster 2: Diebuster. Complete series (6 episodes). English sub, Japanese language. Release date: May 21st 2013.

Quote:
we're probably gonna do $29.95 retail on this

OMFG, this is AWESOME news! Isn't this something Honneamise had and charged a ridiculous price for previously? And went OOP almost as fast as it came out?
Also, can you watch Diebuster without having seen Gunbuster 1?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:

OMFG, this is AWESOME news! Isn't this something Honneamise had and charged a ridiculous price for previously? And went OOP almost as fast as it came out?
Also, can you watch Diebuster without having seen Gunbuster 1?

It is affordable, yeah, and it can be watched without seeing the first one though you'll be missing the full impact of the ending.

Still, really should have the first series. My response to this is kind of half "wow" and half "huh". The action's better in the second one while the first had plot and characters.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
- Is there a good time frame for the Saint Seiya films release? Also, are there going to be any cool extras?

- We will get them out in 2013 exact date TBD. We have the trailers as extras right now not sure if theres more extras.

Quote:
- Are any other titles coming out in 2013 on bluray? I like that you released Little Nemo on bluray (which I need to pick up). I would like to get the Galaxy Express 999 dvds but afraid a bluray release is imminent.

- If Nemo sells well, we might do more
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Release Date: March 19th; MSRP: $19.95

New Hurricane Polymar
Quote:
Miraculously chosen as the next Polymar, Takeshi finds himself thrust into the middle of the battleground, as he discovers his new role and purpose - to destroy Nova and his followers. He utilizes his karate skills comprised of spinning kicks and backfists with flight formula to defeat the Catsharks, only to have them re-emerge stronger then ever, led by the shrewd Nina. Once she gets Polymar out of the picture - Nova will be free to proceed with his insidious plan. It is a race against time, for Takeshi to save the Earth.

EDIT: Release Date: March 19th; MSRP: $24.95

Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
Quote:
Years after the defeat of the Reptilian Empire, Getter Team has begun training on a new super robot, Neo Getter Robo. But a surprise attack from the Empire's revived leader forces them to recruit a street fighter named Go Ichimonji as Getter One's pilot. Faced with an enormously powerful foe, the new team's only hope for victory may lie in the resurrection of the lost weapon of humanity, Shin Getter Robo.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
Here are the updated links to Discotek Store and TRSI.

February 26th
  • Lupin the 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo | Listings: Discotek / TRSI
    - MSRP: $24.95
    - Japanese Language, English Language, English Subtitles
    - Extra features: "Why Mamo Matters," An Essay by Mike Toole; Liner notes written and compiled by Lupinthe3rd.com Staff; Written interview with voice actor Bill Dufris; Translation of the original movie program; Includes all 4 English dubs
  • Mad Bull 34: The Complete Collection | Listings: Discotek / TRSI
    - MSRP: $24.95
    - Contains all 4 episodes
    - Japanese Language, English Language, English Subtitles

March 19th

April 30th

May 21st
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote
And Discotek also has an upcoming Blu-ray release that they could be announcing next month (the hints so far are listed below):
Quote:
1/22/13:
- "Looks like we will have at least one anime Blu Ray title released in 2013. It's a license that we haven't announced yet. Should be able to announce it next month!"
- "This title has a dub"
- "Its not Mamo"
- "Its something we haven't announced"
- "It's something that was on DVD before. We will also release it on DVD again in better quality. This particular title isn't Lupin. But we may have a Blu Ray Lupin title in the future if all goes well."
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, that narrows out Gunbuster, Space Adventure Cobra, Five Star Stories, Macross DYRL, or any LoGH movies. Could be something like Zeorymer, Genma Taisen, Bubblegum Crisis, or Giant Robo; it's anyone's guess. I'm definitely guessing on something that's old over new, as is Discotek's style. I doubt it'll be any of the Gundams or Patlabors, those will need a bit more deep pockets than what Discotek can grab at, so I'm betting those properties will go on to Sentai. I suppose if anyone was grabbing at BGC, it'd be FUNi, since they have now set a precedent of licensing older anime on BD with Tenchi. I don't think it'll be SDF Macross, but that definitely fits the qualifications. And I guess it'll be something that Japan's already had out on BD for a while, so likely not Giant Robo.

If we could get a comprehensive list of dubbed anime (regardless of how bad or old) that currently have BD releases, I think we could find a nice range of possible titles. I think we can eliminate any TV shows as well, releasing something like Nadia or Berserk on BD would probably be too much for them to handle.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to say it's pretty much assured it's an older title. They say it was on DVD before, but it's not something that they've ever had so the previous license holder let it lapse. I think it's a safe bet that it's been released here in the past seeing as it has a dub. Beyond that, I really can't begin to speculate. Discotek doesn't really have a strict pattern to what they release that I can really perceive. I suppose they have a tendency towards older sci-fi and mecha, but if that's the case then I really wouldn't have much of a clue as to what it is.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I've taken their parameters into consideration when drawing up those titles. Beyond "previously released in the West and dubbed", I'm adding that it'll already have a BD release in Japan since I doubt they'd be in a position to make a film transfer themselves. That's a small known number of releases if we're sticking to older OVAs and movies.
The Count

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Please god let it be the Berserk TV Blu Ray release. There has been a set in Japan for awhile now so there is a chance.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
Please god let it be the Berserk TV Blu Ray release. There has been a set in Japan for awhile now so there is a chance.

It's been about a year, and it certainly wasn't the big splash like Bebop's rerelease. I'd say it's possible, but unlikely, unless Discotek was willing to take the risk on Berserk gaining more popularity from the movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 29