• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Capcom: Mega Man Xover iOS Game on Hold in U.S.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote
well it seems the fans have spoken so we don't get anything, oh well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Fans: More Hurtful to the Industry Than any Company
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean we miss out on more of Tron Bonne and the Servbots?

Grrr. Stupid fans.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 pm Reply with quote
hey we can only take so many of their editing of existing character sprites and recolors in these games. To bad at least it was 16 bits this time.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Gee people didn't like, so they decided not to release it, clearly it's the fans' fault for not just buying any kind of crap Capcom throws at them.

You wanna talk harmful? Capcom continues to defecate on Mega Man's legacy after pushing abortions such as Mega Man Online, Mega Man Universe, Mega Man Legends 3 and now Mega Man Xover. These with the exception of legends 3, most of these projects were unfortunately doomed to fail due to Capcom's unwillingness to venture into uncharted territory with the franchise (Real Talk: They're punishing Inafune).

Mega Man Online was probably the only game that stood a chance of seeing an actual release but unfortunately its development was handled by one of Korea's larger trainwreck companies Neowiz. Neowiz killed the project after a sudden restructuring that left the dev team scattered and the project shelved.

MMU was just $%#@ marketing from the get-go as its own company couldn't get behind it. The idea of a custom Mega Man experience was an awesome one but for whatever reason (Like Keiji Inafune jumping ship) it was canned, which is fine because it wasn't generating the hype they wanted it to anyway.

Mega Man Legends 3, a game that simply needed to be an upgrade of the prequels, was considered a no brainer goldmine, and again it was axed because Capcom felt it wasn't up to snuff..despite it having only been in beta form at the time of its demise (also around the time Inafune ditched out).

So then...we have Xover..which, in my opinion, is probably the last game any mega man fan wants to play after being burned 3 consecutive times on higher profile releases. While Capcom had failed to meet the demands of the fans the 3 previous times, they AT LEAST heard us this time. I mean my god, are you serious? Who's really sad about this game getting axed? I'm not, and until Capcom's ready to be serious about Mega Man releases again I'd prefer they not touch the IP.

Any, don't hate the fans I guess would be the overall point here.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I can hate the fans. Hell, it's the fans that are causing me to second guess being a part of the continuing video game and anime fandom because simply put: I don't know what the hell they want anymore. It seems like year after year, the fandom is just getting more and more spoiled.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
As it pertains to this situations, it's simple, they want quality games.

What they don't want:

-To be hyped up for an online multiplayer action title, only to have it canned
-To be hyped up for a DIY action title that would allow you to create your own Megaman character and design your own levels, only to have it canned
-To be hyped up for a much desired sequel to a great series that hadn't received nearly as much love as it deserved from its developers even if it was scumbag move to only plan to release it for handhelds, only to have it canned.
-half-assed iOS games.

Capcom's doing it to themselves, it is after all, the age of SFxT. But hey, at least have this to look forward to!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwcSNMxnKU4

Happy 25th anniversary Mega Man
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
If this regards (usually Im right there are fans whining over every little thing) the game truly is trash. Capcom has shown pretty much zero care for Megaman recently.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I have a general rule of thumb when it comes to ANY video game, no matter how crappy it looks:

Give it a play.

If the game has great gameplay in contrast to terrible graphics and/or mundane storyline, that's good enough for me. While I still want good graphics and music, it's not a mandatory requirement for me to enjoy a game.

That said, developers and publishers should at the very least put out a playable demo of any game they make to see what the fan reaction is. If the response is positive, continue development and release the final product. If it is negative, pull it and go with something else. If it is neutral, fix the negative issues and continue developing. Personal politics against the company should not extend to the developers who are just trying to make a paycheque.
joshjoshlol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
When Capcom deep-sixed Legends, they killed any sympathy I have towards them.
Aethix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Really? If Capcom cares about negative feedback so much, why haven't they un-cancelled Legends 3 yet?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Aethix wrote:
Really? If Capcom cares about negative feedback so much, why haven't they un-cancelled Legends 3 yet?

MML3 was only in the beta stages of testing and the head producer of the game left capcom. Mega-Man Xover on the other hand is actually complete and selling on the Japanese iTunes market and now where else at this point in time. That's the main reason why sadly...

Listen no offense to anyone here mega-man is dead to me know despite being 25 yrs old, either capcom should try to at least release a collection of the following games for the ps3, Wii U, PC and Xbox 360 to make it up to us but it will most likely never happen. Such a collection 25 year collection would include mega man 1-10/mega man and bass, mm x 1-8, mm zero 1-4 and mm zx 1-2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blarg01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
This "game" was crap. Why try and defend it? Try the crappy fan made one and see. I'll rather take a megaman nt-type of game over this ios nightmare.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Thats too bad...the game had an interesting concept. Too bad it stinks.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
You know, the fans are not hating the game for being Megaman, they're hating the game for being nothing more than a crappy iPhone game! The last thing the franchise needs is a casual game.

How about making a Megaman game on a real console instead...like you know, the 3DS like MML3 was planned on and not a phone you play half-baked casual games like that fruit-cutting sim on.

Major downgrade from the planned MML3.

Last edited by Gon*Gon on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2