• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Evangelion comics

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Viz released Evangelion as individual chapters in comic format.
I thought I would add at least the ones I have, manually since Amazon doesn't carry any UPC/ISBN data for them
I've come across an unexpected stumbling block for the two issues from volume 7 I have in that while the barcode is a valid UPC-A, it is the same for both with a couple of extra digits tacked on the end which I've worked out to be EAN 2.
Since only 12-digit UPCs are allowed and the system only allows one release per UPC, I could only add the one issue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh, hey, I have the individual comic releases for Sailor Moon and Ceres: Celestial Legend, too... so once this gets figured out, I can enter those, too.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
The reason I started this was because I was thinking the other day about the one issue of Kodocha I have, and was unable to find out much online about it. While I was digging that out I found some other forgotten comics from years ago too...

--edit--

I've found a Macross II comic published by Viz I picked up somewhere 2nd hand which doesn't even have a barcode at all...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Everyone of those Evangelion comics came in two versions, flipped and not flipped. I have them if you need any information.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
The GNs were the same, with both versions.
I have two flipped and one unflipped "special edition" of the comics, from two different volumes. I've only been able to enter two of them due to the above restrictions.

The Battle Angel Alita comics, like Macross, have no barcodes (also from Viz Select Comics). Lum does but has the same EAN-2 format barcode (I only have the one so it won't be an issue unless someone can supply the codes for the rest).
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
There are 41 Evangelion comics. I have all of them in both versions and if you will tell me what you need I will try to provide it.

The Battle Angel Alita comics have a bar code starting with part 4 number 3. Are you talking about the comic "Lum" or "The Return of Lum"?? The 8 comics issued under the title "Lum" don't have a barcode that I can find.

I have about 120 titles in comic book format.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1