• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket Director Daichi Holds Auditions for New Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eternal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Got all excited, thinking it was a second season of fruit basket. Woopies.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god same here Anime cry . Thought it was gonna be a remake or continuation...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
peachsncreamsoda wrote:
Oh my god same here Anime cry . Thought it was gonna be a remake or continuation...

Same.

I'm happy for some new VAs, but my heart leaped for a split second when I thought, "Full-series Fruits Basket Remake!?!" Ah well. I can dream...
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
So this is just "a new anime" and not "a new Fruits Basket anime"? *deflates*
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Daichi is working on another project. Definitely one of the most talented TV anime directors around.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
A Fruits Basket new anime could still be made... it could even be the Bones new anime! I hope so, at least. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
So he's literally scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Laughing
Zopyros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 am Reply with quote
I'd of liked a new Fruits Basket. *Must try out Voice acting school sometime*
aereus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote
Not really scraping the bottom of the barrel if he requires current or previous acting and/or voice acting experience. Heck, Disney just slaps name-brand celebs into their animated films and Ghibli ones, even if they don't have any voice-acting experience. Not much of a difference here.

I think it's a good thing -- he's looking for the perfect voice he wants for the characters, rather than just slapping all the current favorite same-voices into the production.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Daichi prefers to use unestablished talent, and only uses known seiyuu under protest, in the belief that most of the big names just put on affected voices, rather than actually act.

If you look at most of his filmography, a good percentage of the leads are newbie voice talents.
fruitsbasketfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
I been seeing that alot of people want season 2 of fruits basket and that they have a petition of signatures and want Funimation to do it but I thought that funimation just translates the language I dont know if they made the anime I dont think so, so... Hope the original creators know that after several years fruits basket is still going strong and makes newbees to this anime (like me) wanting more imagine all of those people who had seen it since before thats alot of people who want the anime to finish how its suppose to
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 am Reply with quote
Oooh, best to lead by calling him the director of Now and Then, Here and There. Let's not hold Fruits Basket against him, it was a terrible manga to begin with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
Not really scraping the bottom of the barrel if he requires current or previous acting and/or voice acting experience. Heck, Disney just slaps name-brand celebs into their animated films and Ghibli ones, even if they don't have any voice-acting experience. Not much of a difference here.

I think it's a good thing -- he's looking for the perfect voice he wants for the characters, rather than just slapping all the current favorite same-voices into the production.

Agreed about the Ghibli dubs. I've heard some idiots say that "They want celebs in Ghibli dubs to be in other dubs" but they can't even match mouth movements to save their life, while an actual dub voice actor did the lip sync in 15 minutes.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1