• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CPM Signs with Consortium

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barbapapa

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear from CPM again, I remember checking out their release catalog for 2006 and being excited about a summer release for Otogi Matsuri. But then we didn't hear anything about them for months.
Examinee 623

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
What CPM really needs to do is beat the very competitive pricing of publishers like Viz and Tokyopop.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Examinee 623 wrote:
What CPM really needs to do is beat the very competitive pricing of publishers like Viz and Tokyopop.

Which they have. The new solicitations I've seen are all for around ten dollars.
I'm interested to see how this will effect the content of their releases. The big title I'm excited about is the anthology from josei-master Nananan Kiriko (Sweet Cream and Red Strawberries). It would be interesting (and very refreshing) to see if they go a more mature route or try to cash in on the shonen/shojo craze, or go a diffrent path all together (I'd expect the last one).
Cowpunk

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote
I'm glad they hooked up with Consortium, a distributor that has a good reputation in the book trade and is very friendly to the smaller shops.

Some distributors of manga (and more so anime) have such high minimum order requirements that some small stores I know share orders to meet the minimums.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1