• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokemon Chronicles on Cartoon Network

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:37 am Reply with quote
Hmm, that actually sounds like kind of a cool series. When I was into Pokemon I always complained that they didn't show enough background of the characters. I might check this out (provided it's the original voice cast)
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:09 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Hmm, that actually sounds like kind of a cool series. When I was into Pokemon I always complained that they didn't show enough background of the characters. I might check this out (provided it's the original voice cast)
Well it was done by 4Kids so yes they were the originals, but not many of the human characters were the usual one's so it really didn't matter.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
It also aired in Canada. Smile

It was nothing special, but at least 4Kids released the Housou episodes. Smile It was simply a nice distraction for a Pokemon fan like me. Rolling Eyes
coldspider

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Not only is the Legend of Thunder special the best part of Pokemon Chronicles,it's one of the best things to come out of the Pokemon anime overall.

The downside? Legend of Thunder is one of the worst dubs that,as of now;is only second to the Mirage dub that aired a couple of weeks ago. =/

The series still retaines the original voice actors,but most of the production was supposedly done by a different team.

Nonetheless,with the exception of LoT Pokemon Chronicles is still pretty good.We get the Brock ep where he finds out his Mom is not dead,the various Misty eps where she's back at Cerulean City,and a handful of Team Rocket eps where we even get to see Jessie and James' origin. (that,and one of the eps finally confirm that James is *not* gay. XD)
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quote
coldspider wrote:
a handful of Team Rocket eps where we even get to see Jessie and James' origin. (that,and one of the eps finally confirm that James is *not* gay. Anime hyper)

I haven't watched the show for a while, so where was it speculated that James was gay?
coldspider

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
coldspider wrote:
a handful of Team Rocket eps where we even get to see Jessie and James' origin. (that,and one of the eps finally confirm that James is *not* gay. Anime hyper)

I haven't watched the show for a while, so where was it speculated that James was gay?

James' overt squeeing and crossdressing didn't make people wonder? <<; Of course that's regarding the dub,since James/Kojiro is no where near as flamboyant in the japanese version.But at least one of the Chronicles eps lays the "James is gay" dub rumor to rest.
crow-kun

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
coldspider wrote:
We get the Brock ep where he finds out his Mom is not dead,the various Misty eps where she's back at Cerulean City,and a handful of Team Rocket eps where we even get to see Jessie and James' origin.

Takeshi's mom was never dead in the first place that was a screw up by 4kids Evil or Very Mad . About the episodes about Raikou you notice they changed one of the team rocket members into a women Laughing (the guy with blue hair) and the other into a cowboy. Evil or Very Mad
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quote
The Chronic-what? I had to say it.
coldspider

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
crow-kun wrote:
coldspider wrote:
We get the Brock ep where he finds out his Mom is not dead,the various Misty eps where she's back at Cerulean City,and a handful of Team Rocket eps where we even get to see Jessie and James' origin.

Takeshi's mom was never dead in the first place that was a screw up by 4kids Evil or Very Mad

Whoops... Yeah,I always get confused with that Brock situation.Brock's Mom leaves his Dad in the japanese version.

So instead of the wife leaving her husband,4Kids decides to kill her off instead. =/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1