• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hidamari Sketch Gets New Anime of Sae & Hiro's Graduation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god... Oh my god, this is gonna make me cry. I can't believe they're graduating, that Hidamari will not have their presence after this... I'm not gonna be ready for this Anime cry
kazziyan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna be a very emotional one. Sad

#lovehidamari.
kanechin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
this just in....more moes**t get more anime adaptions while manga with plot get to collect dust.
later at 10:30, even more moes**t get anime adaptions.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
this just in....more moes**t get more anime adaptions while manga with plot get to collect dust.

I'm sorry that this upsets you.

I for one am very happy to see another Hidamari Sketch anime. I assume this'll only be an OVA series though right?
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:

Because the creation of one type of anime prevents another type of anime from existing, right? Because the anime industry is an entity that can only create one thing at a time, and isn't made up of multiple different companies that all make a differentiated product, right? Because the creation of more "moeshit" is definitely connected to "manga with plot" getting left in the dust, right? Because there aren't any other reasons "manga with plot" wouldn't get adapted, right?

As an aside, can we just start ignoring people who refer to moe as moeshit from now on? Their opinions are never really valuable. I think that'll make everything easier for all parties involved.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I think maybe it's time I start watching this show
kazziyan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
It could be an OVA series.

Timeenforceranubis wrote:
kanechin wrote:

Because the creation of one type of anime prevents another type of anime from existing, right? Because the anime industry is an entity that can only create one thing at a time, and isn't made up of multiple different companies that all make a differentiated product, right? Because the creation of more "moeshit" is definitely connected to "manga with plot" getting left in the dust, right? Because there aren't any other reasons "manga with plot" wouldn't get adapted, right?

Man, have you not been up to date? its not okay for anime that a mass target audience likes to get adapted! especially if it has cute/light hearted stuff in it!

Could go on, but I'm sure kanechin's done his job.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
This just in... trolll tries to get people upset by posting trolly comments in a thread based around a single subject. Usually remains ineffective if people would just ignore the damn thing!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
honestly they're my least favorite characters by far and I couldn't be happier to see them leave Neutral
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Timeenforceranubis wrote:
kanechin wrote:

I completely agree. If you don't like shows like Hidamari Sketch, Kotoura-san, etc., fine (that's your problem). However, raining on other people's parade and demonizing the series that they happen to like because those shows don't fall in line with your interests is beyond ridiculous.

As far as this continuation of the story is concerned, I am very interested in seeing it. Unfortunately, I will need to do "a little bit" of catch up before I watch it (haven't watched anything past season one yet). >.<
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Other than being one of the very best of its narrow category I always welcome more of it for the thing none of the others really come close to, and that is its artistic expression (This is in part an Akiyuki Shinbo franchise after all). Shadow, perspective, photography mixed with animation. The entire series is like a pop art collage. Some episodes are a little more adventurous than others, thanks to the rotating episode directors, but it's all pure SHAFT.

And I was privately predicting that this would happen. I was guessing OVA treatment myself. All of the other series had a couple episodes and/or specials to go with their season and the amount of time they devoted to them getting ready for graduation in the seires definitely set the stage for more episodes of some sort.

What I can't predict is if it goes any further. Does anyone know if the source material go any further? Sure, it's mostly "Yuno's Story" but to go on without Sae and Hiro just doesn't seem sustainable. Nazuna and Nori are just too bland and it would end up being a story about Yuno and Miyako being some sort of "Responsible" sempai.

Then again, if they do continue, despite what buzzkills like kanechin say , that would make for one very good and complete coming of age story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ithy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
This is great news, Hidamari Sketch is one of those series i hope that will never end. I hope Two new characters will move in, and the series will continue. And maybe 20 years from now the series will still be going, with all new characters.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
Ithy wrote:
This is great news, Hidamari Sketch is one of those series i hope that will never end. I hope Two new characters will move in, and the series will continue. And maybe 20 years from now the series will still be going, with all new characters.

Oh god no. Endless sequels will only cheapen a work.

And writers/artists get tired of the same work eventually. Let it end when it does.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

And writers/artists get tired of the same work eventually. Let it end when it does.

Considering its an ongoing manga, it will end when Ume-sensei well and truly is ready for it to end.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Ithy wrote:

Either those two apartments remain vacant much like the others were in the first two series, or they get new occupants. To follow Hidamari to a natural end would be seeing Miya and Yuno graduate and move on, so they still have another year and hopefully another 26 episodes.

I'm always glad when more of these are made, or at least more anime in this style. Good Jobu is sort of a replacement this season, but it's closer to SYD but minus the sex jokes.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2