• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michael Bay ruined my childhood(Transformer vehicle pics)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
Watch them at http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=23472 and cringe. I hope they're not gonna make 'em look animatronic like Small Soldiers...

[This post is ok -n/-t]
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
And what may I ask is wrong? What's everyone freaking out about?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Watch them at http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=23472 and cringe. I hope they're not gonna make 'em look animatronic like Small Soldiers...

[This post is ok -n/-t]

You mean when they transform? So what are they going to do when they get to Optimus Prime?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I like how ridiculously stupid internet nerd movie commentary is now. A bunch of photos of trucks and cars equal OH GOD THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO SUCK AARGGGHHH

Seriously, it's a photo of a Mustang, who cares? This says absolutely zero about this movie.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
at the risk of sounding nerdy...

BUMBLEBEE IS A VOLKSWAGEN BUG!!!

if they were gonna change something like that, then why even have him at all? not to mention the plot sounds terrible.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

if they were gonna change something like that, then why even have him at all? not to mention the plot sounds terrible.

Because Transformers is a toy brand/property, not specifically an 80's cartoon series. People need to realise that this movie isnt nessecerally going to be made for their nostalgia.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Course I haven't seen the original series in about 10 years, so I can't remember all too well what everybody looked like, save for Optimus Prime and Megatron.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Even over the years and through several different series, Optimus and Megatron have changed. Original Optimus and Megatron: Semi truck and Handgun. Recent Megatron-Huge racing car.

Another set of Optimus/Megatron vehicles was a firetruck and a tank. And those were in the cartoons.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, just went on wikipedia and looked up Transformers, and there's been a lot of changes for everybody, not to mention 10 different series. So this should not be shocking. What we're looking for is a decent storyline, so we're going to have to wait and see for the movie.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm really quite sure that Megatron turning in to the handgun wouldn't work for the movie so I see no issue with that part being removed. Obviously, 20+ years down the road there will be some changes, especially if VW doesn't give them rights to make Bumblebee a bug.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:33 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I like how ridiculously stupid internet nerd movie commentary is now. A bunch of photos of trucks and cars equal OH GOD THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO SUCK AARGGGHHH

Seriously, it's a photo of a Mustang, who cares? This says absolutely zero about this movie.

It's a Saleen Mustang, on the incredibly horrible and stupid S-197 chasis. Instant fail.

Now if it was the SN-95 frame, then i'd give the film a Rock Lee Seal of Approval.

-------------------------------------------

The following commentary was meant to mock the whiney nerds that are on the interweb.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:41 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

It's a Saleen Mustang, on the incredibly horrible and stupid S-197 chasis. Instant fail.

Hah! Have you actually driven one? And if you don't mind me asking, what makes the S197 chassis "incredibly horrible and stupid?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:19 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

Hah! Have you actually driven one? And if you don't mind me asking, what makes the S197 chassis "incredibly horrible and stupid?"

See little disclaimer on bottom of previous post.
Punchey Monk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:13 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

At the risk of also soundy nerdy:

Hasbro had originally inquired about using the new "Beetle" design for a Bumblebee toy in their "Alternators" line, but Volkswagen told them that they would not allow their designs to be used for a line of "war toys" and words to the effect of "never ask us again."

I would have to believe that VW's stance also applies to character designs involved with the movie.

Although I appreciate the inclusion of Bumblebee and the continuing of the "boy-and-his-car" dynamic that Spike and Bumblebee had in the cartoon, I agree (regardless of whether he's a VW Bug or not) that the design is way too sporty. I always thought the idea behind characters like him was something along the lines of "Hey, that junked-out compact you bought for $400 might actually be an alien robot trying to save the world."

I have to say that I'm rather liking the Decepticon vehicles. They all look appropriately menacing.
dirtyharry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote
Crap, they took down the pictures. Live action transformers was never really my bag, but I did have some hope for the movie.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6