• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media summer 2013 anime survey

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialVIZMedia/posts/10151727145478552
Quote:
Super quick SURVEY TIME! Would you please help us out by answering a couple quick questions and telling all your anime-loving friends? Pretty please with sugar on top?

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1285303/Gift-With-Purchase-Items-Summer-2013

--- updated (see above) ---

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1185943/Spring-2013-Animation-Survey
Quote:
Help us serve you better! All of us on the Animation team here at VIZ want to get your thoughts on anime in the North American market in order to give you the best of what you want. Your opinions matter deeply to us, so rest assured every response will be read and considered carefully. We know this survey is a little long, but should only take about 10 minutes to complete. Please take your time and be honest – we really want to know what you think!

As a bonus, one lucky winner will be selected at random to get this awesome VIZ anime prize pack. Winner will be selected and notified via email on or around April 1, 2013.

Last edited by WTK on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Told em to license LoGH. Not like VIZ would ever do it, though, even given the chance.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I've never considered combo packs to be a packaging extra. They just are, aren't they?

For the most part, Viz and I don't see eye to eye on anime; I have over four hundred titles. Just only one is a Viz series and that was just released the past month. But I do plan to get another title.

They just have to release another one I want. And Tiger and Bunny 2 doesn't count.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Combo packs are a nuisence, tolerable in the greater scheme of things but irritating in any case.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
WHERE DAH DRAGONBALL WATCHES?

j/k

WHERE IS MY BEN-TO?

serious.

I will take the survey now.
FLEABttn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Finally someone asks me the question of "what extras do you like" and gives me the option "they don't influence my purchases regardless".
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Always interested in a survey, asking for potential licenses was kinda weird from Viz, since they rarely step away from SJ and the occasional Shogakukan title. The only thing I could think to throw out for potential licenses out of my large list that felt like it would fit them was Moyashimon.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I asked for Dennou Coil and Mononoke. Fat chance. Oh, and completing Monster.

I was amused that even though I had no interest in what the "VIZ Team" might do, and thus did not check off any of the alternatives, I had to choose something anyway. VIZ, there always needs to be a "none of the above" answer.

And, of course, watching a fansub was not offered as a source for deciding what to buy.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Told 'em I wanted Cross Game on DVD. Hahaha, a pipe dream. But might as well try.

I'm amused to see this. Viz are pretty much the most isolated when it comes to customer feedback. Hell, most of their con panels never even have a Q&A.
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
I suggested Bakuman. They already have the manga and what Media Blasters put out of the series was really good.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 am Reply with quote
I suggested Wandering Son. Not very surprising since I've been hoping for someone to release that ever since I saw the first episode. Fat chance of that actually happening, but hey, a girl can dream.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
I suggested Skip Beat. They already have the manga and it seems pretty popular.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:32 am Reply with quote
I rather wish Viz surveys would ask if I usually ignore their anime division almost entirely because I'm giving their manga division so much money. I mean I'm only collecting, what, 9 series of manga from them and no anime? I think the only anime I have from them are awesome yet ancient things like Please Save My Earth and Key the Metal Idol.

I had no idea what anime to suggest, but everyone's been talking about Chihayafuru, and I hear it's supposed to be a bit like Hikaru no Go, so what the hey. Though I highly doubt it since the Hikago DVDs did so poorly that they didn't even finish them. And it seems more like a NISA series.
And then I come over here and see actually useful suggestions like Bakuman and Skip Beat.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quote
I asked for Chihayafuru (but I know it isn't happening). Technically speaking Viz wouldn't be my first choice but that is a series if anyone licenses it I would be happy.

Anyways I liked how Viz structured their survey. It gave a lot of room for input which the recent Bandai Japan survey did not.

For example I was able to vote for "I like fancy packaging for a bit more money" but then clarify I mean something like NISA not Aniplex. Anyways I think even if VIZ did chipboard boxes like Funi that would be a huge improvement.

I also do like BR/DVD combo because while I don't have a BR player now and can't justify buying BR on its own with a combo pack I then have the BR for the future.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
WHERE DAH DRAGONBALL WATCHES?

j/k

WHERE IS MY BEN-TO?

serious.

I will take the survey now.

Hey, that was one of my suggestions as part of a couple of comedy titles as Viz's comedy offerings are, wait...

Do they have any? Did they ever? It would explain why I have almost zero Viz titles and Saikano is the Viz title I remember the most {The series that easily wins the "most seperated from comic relief" award}.

I recommended Ben-to, Nyarko-san and Seitokai Yuikuindomo {I'm listing this show at any opportunity I can. It's got 5 ongoing OVAs, somebody has to like it somewhere}

Bakuman? Why would anyone want to give the American audience another chance not to buy it?

For the record, I'd suggest either releasing titles in BD or in combo packs. Seperate DVDs releases are getting problematic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3