• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Naruto Powerful Shippuden

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Could someone who knows more about the series than me tell me what's up with Naturo's terrifying goat eyes on the cover of this game?
dbzmike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
Could someone who knows more about the series than me tell me what's up with Naturo's terrifying goat eyes on the cover of this game?

It's Sage mode.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I still don't understand how a game can be released and manage to have a typo on the cover...
sonryu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
^ What typo? o_O

And yeah, his FROG eyes are because he's in "Sage" Mode.

I can read the manga for this no problem, but I sometimes have trouble watching the anime because of how ridiculous it gets (as in 'it's almost too embarassing to watch' trouble). I don't have a 3DS, so I guess I won't have to worry about trying to play it anyway...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
SahgoDN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
sonryu wrote:
^ What typo? o_O

This one:

sonryu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
^wow, that one probably got someone fired lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote
sonryu wrote:
I can read the manga for this no problem, but I sometimes have trouble watching the anime because of how ridiculous it gets (as in 'it's almost too embarassing to watch' trouble). I don't have a 3DS, so I guess I won't have to worry about trying to play it anyway...

The anime is amazing hilarious and I like how they reference the actual manga quite a bit. I'm sad to see it ending in a couple weeks. Not sure what will fill the void for it's comedic antics.
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I love this show, it has the humor of Bobobobo and it uses Rock Lee, my favorite character from the original series. The game looks pretty decent, if not a little plain.
barrelroller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
SahgoDN wrote:
sonryu wrote:
^ What typo? o_O

This one:
[Removed the image for obvious reasons]

Amazing how they spelled "Shippuden" right but Naruto wrong. Maybe they hired the guys that spelled "Revelations" wrong on the side of Resident Evil Revelations last year. Ironically, both were 3DS games. Laughing

TitanXL wrote:
The anime is amazing hilarious and I like how they reference the actual manga quite a bit. I'm sad to see it ending in a couple weeks. Not sure what will fill the void for it's comedic antics.

Makes me wonder what the team working on it will move onto next. I used to watch Shippuden constantly but quit after what I like to call "the boat filler". I never bothered with the Rock Lee anime because I thought that I wouldn't like it... maybe I'll try it sometime. Anyway, I heard a lot of the staff for the anime worked on Bleach before it got cancelled. Hard to believe it's been roughly a year since that happened now.
cosain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
I've played the demo and I like it so far~
I love Rock Lee, and I love NarutoSD as I find it a great spoof spin off of the main series. Kinda like a breather for me.

I feel a bit sad though that they constantly bully Neji in the series knowing what would happen to him in the main series (since I recently picked up the manga from the war), but... I know for sure this game will be bought and added to my collection!

I'm a sucker for cute stuff stuff haha
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1