• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter X Hunter Anime's Neferpitō & Chimera Ant King Designs Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
Err you might wanna spoiler tag the Ant King's name. It's supposed to a surprise in the story arc. That being said his character design looks pretty awesome and so does Neferpito. I thought we might get info on a new OP or ED this week but I guess that'll come next week. Can't wait for the arc.
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
One of the frames on the left page also has a picture that can arguably be considered a spoiler.

I've been keeping up but I don't remember that... being... er, revealed, yet? Well, technically it was by spoiler[that scissors guy] but spoiler[he just said it, it wasn't shown, was it?]

It's the one with spoiler[Biscuit in her true form that looks like a dude from Fist of the North Star or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.]

Also, this is probably a technical difficulty but the article URL and the talk thread still have the King spoiler in them (spoiler in pic: http://i.imgur.com/2JDRUWr.png)
opn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
The king looks amazing. Really hoping kamiyan or fukuyama voices him. They just sound...so perfect as him. I imagine next week or the week after they'll announce the seiyuus for the new characters and the new ending (and hopefully op because do you SERIOUSLY want YOU CAN SMILE AGAIN during a arc like this?)
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
Didn't Togashi say one of his motivations the last time he was working on the manga was that he wanted to stay ahead of the new anime? Apparently, that's going to be a problem again if he doesn't come off his hiatus soon Laughing .
opn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
EpicLotus wrote:
Didn't Togashi say one of his motivations the last time he was working on the manga was that he wanted to stay ahead of the new anime? Apparently, that's going to be a problem again if he doesn't come off his hiatus soon Laughing .

The ant arc is about as long as all the previous arcs combined so the anime (assuming it continues the 2 chapters per episode pace) will have 2 years before it gets close...and theres another good 13 episodes of material to adapt even after the ant arc ends. Togashi should come out of haitus way before that happens.
ShadowOz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
if anything for all we know he will be out of hiatus when the Chimera ant arc starts being animated (hoping)
Hybridbloodszak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
EpicLotus wrote:

The ant arc is about as long as all the previous arcs combined so the anime (assuming it continues the 2 chapters per episode pace) will have 2 years before it gets close...and theres another good 13 episodes of material to adapt even after the ant arc ends. Togashi should come out of haitus way before that happens.

They haven't been doing 2 chapters per episode, been ranging between 3 and 5ish since end of Yorknew with outliers above and below. I prefer this brisk pacing; there's a nice sense of progression every episode and something interesting happening

In regards to catching up to manga
spoiler[ I think the manga is going to just animate up to the end of the Election arc and then end or take a break there. A nice sense of finality to this part of Gon's journey with him accomplishing his goal. Madhouse can always animate more in the future so a break after 339 in my opinion would be a great spot]
opn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
Hybridbloodszak wrote:
opn wrote:
EpicLotus wrote:

They haven't been doing 2 chapters per episode, been ranging between 3 and 5ish since end of Yorknew with outliers above and below. I prefer this brisk pacing; there's a nice sense of progression every episode and something interesting happening

In regards to catching up to manga
spoiler[ I think the manga is going to just animate up to the end of the Election arc and then end or take a break there. A nice sense of finality to this part of Gon's journey with him accomplishing his goal. Madhouse can always animate more in the future so a break after 339 in my opinion would be a great spot]

That would be a perfect ending and its pretty much what im expecting to happen unless togashi/madhouse surprises us. Still we should get at least a year and half more of the anime.
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
The King looks like the son of Cell and Frieza... Oh the fanfics! Shocked
Magna_Lilly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait! Very Happy lol watching the anime makes waiting for the next volumes to come out more bearable
Kitsune_the_Demonz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Something tell me you never seen the anime Toriko Anime hyper
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:

He's actually inspired from Cell according to Togashi
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1