• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Gets Limited Artbook Collection Set

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile, Viz doesn't seen to care about giving us the rest of the manga or reprinting part 3. Come on, band names are not THAT BIG of a problem, at least put part 3 on the digital service!
Ulinox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Well... This collection really looks hardcore.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
Meanwhile, Viz doesn't seen to care about giving us the rest of the manga or reprinting part 3. Come on, band names are not THAT BIG of a problem, at least put part 3 on the digital service!

The problem is more likely that it sold pretty poorly. Digital would be nice though.
kamidai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I want this so much it hurts and need to figure out how to get the money to preorder in time...

I know that it doesn't sell that well in America but I wish more JoJo stuff made it to these shores. It has one of the most scarily devoted canvases I've ever encountered and most of us are intent on hemorrhaging wallet money for whatever good merch we can encounter. I've literally never seen an anime/manga fanbase quite as intent on flinging money at the creators outside Japan. I'm just sad that either the lawsuits are too scary or our money isn't enough, especially with the anime raising the series profile.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
There is a rumor that the new anime got licensed in the UK, so it probably has a chance of coming here. I hope so, because I wish we'd get the other parts of the manga and if we can't then we can at least have the anime, especially if it gets to Stardust Crusaders.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
There is a rumor that the new anime got licensed in the UK, so it probably has a chance of coming here. I hope so, because I wish we'd get the other parts of the manga and if we can't then we can at least have the anime, especially if it gets to Stardust Crusaders.

The only licensor I can think of that can work with this series is Manga UK, which wouldn't surprise me because something like Jojo can be right up their alley plus it would make it easier to clear the rights to Roundabout plus we can be guaranteed an authentic British cast for Phantom Blood.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
It's not Manga UK. They said in a tweet that someone else had it.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:48 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
It's not Manga UK. They said in a tweet that someone else had it.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Anime Limited.
The only other option would be MVM, but they have not been known to produce their own dubs and are more of a sub-license group.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I think I'd rather try to get the regular edition of Jojoveller instead of the limited. 20k yen is a bit much, especially without putting the price of shipping in mind (not to mention the book was displayed in a case at the exhibits and the thing is monstrously big). 8500 yen...much more reasonable.

It'd be nice if more manga volumes of JJBA could get published in the US but I hope they would get better treatment compared to Part 3. I didn't mind the name changing but the amount of panel editing/censoring and simple typo errors that appear in some volumes was a bit disappointing, looking back at them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1