• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Spring 2013 - The List

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Let the love-battle story of boys and girls who possess the blood of Killers and their Killing Goods begin!

Okay, then!
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:17 am Reply with quote
Oh if this anime is as surreal as directors previous works Touka Gettan this will be a must see from me.So far the premise and trailer make it very promising.

Last edited by danilo07 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 am Reply with quote
Love a good Rom-Com with a bit of ecchiness and how can you not watch at least one episode of some dude wanting to cut some girls un-cuttable hair *shakes head* the premise is so wacky it begs a look-see.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 am Reply with quote
The Severing Crime Edge sounds like a really really weird one. I don't really know how it will go from a boy who likes to cut hair that meets a girl who's hair can't be cut to a battle between boys and girls that have the blood of killers, but whatever. I'll give it a go.

Same thing goes for Hentai Prince. It's giving me slight Kotoura-san vibes and I like that a lot so who knows.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote
Crime Edge is so insane I might as well watch at least ONE episode of it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote
Cutting hair is probably how he channels his murderous impulses.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
I love long hair. It's one of my moe points. The very idea of people sitting around and enjoying a show about hair cutting is anathema to me. It would be like seeing people enjoying a show about seal clubbing (This is not hyperbole. Also, a GIS for 'seal clubbing' is destined to ruin your faith in humanity). I've seen some truly horrible things in anime, I did watch the first episode of Queen's Blade afterall, but this...this is bonechillingly evil.

As for Henneko (Is that right?), no. I am getting really bored of shows about horny teenagers. I mean, there's low hanging fruit, and then there is fruit that has fallen off the tree, rolled down the hill, and I have no idea where I'm taking this metaphor. But the point is still valid (I think). Whatever 'fresh' and 'original' is, this show is the opposite. And I am glad that the Spotlight lists the main creative cast. I hated Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions, so bringing back that 'talent' is not a plus in my book. In fact Series Composition is by Itou Michiko, who has a very sparse background, which is mostly negative. Yeah, all signs point to the fact that I would hate this show, so I'ma gonna make like a Roman Prefect for the province of Judaea and wash my hands of it now.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Care for a trim?

I'll try both. Hentai Prince might be a decent perverted comedy with characters who are actually likable plus more Yuki Kaji is great. Yui Ogura's voice is a bit irritating though.

Severing Crime Edge might be an okay supernatural (horror?) but I'll give both shows two episodes to see if it's worth keeping. Never watched a Studio Gokumi anime before.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Melanchthon wrote:
I love long hair. It's one of my moe points. The very idea of people sitting around and enjoying a show about hair cutting is anathema to me. It would be like seeing people enjoying a show about seal clubbing (This is not hyperbole. Also, a GIS for 'seal clubbing' is destined to ruin your faith in humanity). I've seen some truly horrible things in anime, I did watch the first episode of Queen's Blade afterall, but this...this is bonechillingly evil.

spoiler[Iwai's hair grows back every night. Kiri cuts it every morning with Crime Edge (the Murder Scissors, if you will, whereas other people in this series have a Murder Syringe or a Murder Hammer or a Murder Whip) because nothing else can and it's very hard for a 9th-grader to live a normal life when her hair's longer than she is tall.]
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Another low-brow tsundere anime from J.C. Staff? I'll pass.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
hope this wont be another "School days"
HopelessOsaka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
On The Severing Crime Edge: usually don't watch the haremish-looking type but for once every one of the girls' character designs interest me, and the premise looks like it'll be weird without being totally gross (which is a plus for me); I think I'll actually try it out.

Edit: Oh dang there are spoiler[stabbity scissors] involved. Reminds me of the Utena movie. Definitely watching this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
I think Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge might be a good watch even with its strange premise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:52 am Reply with quote
Melanchthon wrote:
I love long hair. It's one of my moe points. The very idea of people sitting around and enjoying a show about hair cutting is anathema to me. It would be like seeing people enjoying a show about seal clubbing (This is not hyperbole. Also, a GIS for 'seal clubbing' is destined to ruin your faith in humanity).

There's flash games for that. Laughing
(All they need is make anime out of those flash games. Hey, if they can make anime out of pachinko...........)

Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Care for a trim?

I thought ya was gonna show this. Laughing

Shay Guy wrote:

spoiler[Iwai's hair grows back every night. Kiri cuts it every morning with Crime Edge (the Murder Scissors, if you will, whereas other people in this series have a Murder Syringe or a Murder Hammer or a Murder Whip) because nothing else can and it's very hard for a 9th-grader to live a normal life when her hair's longer than she is tall.]

There's laser hair removal treatment for that. Laughing
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
I'm not saying that I won't watch The Severing Crime Edge, but I really hope that the writing gave at least SOME thought to explaining why the main girl is a middle school girl who looks like an elementary school girl. That sounds like such a contrived way to include a loli character in a show. Not only that but, is there really that much difference between the two levels of school girl that they had to specifically make that distinction? Maybe it will surprise me positively, but it just seems like I'm going to see this as something lazy and forced right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 16