• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gainax Outlines Possible Tenshi Yohō ~Strange Weathers~ CGI Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_V_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
what is going on with Gainax this week?!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
GAINAX needs to sloooooooooooow down. But this show does have a very interesting premise, I'll say. Though, it being CGI...ew.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I have no real knowledge about the anime industry, but this seems like a real indicator that Gainax is in or close to red numbers and begging for money to get any project moving.

On this one in particular... Why, Gainax, why CGI?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so many 'potential series'. Well, not sure on this one as I'm not a big fan of CGI.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bablioteca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
educate me, is cgi more expensive than the normal animation we've been getting these days or is it vice versa?

i know that final fantasy movie that only i enjoyed nearly made square blow up or something in the past.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
educate me, is cgi more expensive than the normal animation we've been getting these days or is it vice versa?

I saw a picture on /co/ of a tweet by an animation industry worker, and he stated that CGI costs three times as much as normal animation does.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:
what is going on with Gainax this week?!

Since most of their A team left for Trigger, my guess is they're trying to pull a Gonzo and obtain as many properties as possible.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Yoooo Gainax, slow down indeed! This sounds interesting and ambitious, especially visually, but given how many titles they're namedropping this week, I doubt it's very high up on their list of priorities and we won't see it for a long, long time!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Gainax has nothing to do or what. why are they Keep talking about none-green-lit projects? Other anime studio has those too, but they won;t announce them unless they get the money.
Yerld

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:17 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Gainax has nothing to do or what. why are they Keep talking about none-green-lit projects? Other anime studio has those too, but they won;t announce them unless they get the money.

The hope is that fan excitement might convince companies to invest in these projects. It's no secret that they're struggling, plus the high profile talent left the house already (making it even harder to pitch an original production).

As for quantity......the more concepts they throw out there, the greater the chance that at least one of them might attract enough attention.

Quote:
On this one in particular... Why, Gainax, why CGI?

You cover different areas of interest. If traditional animation fails to start a large enough fire, there's CG and Ken Nikai (something more hip and progressive?), which might appeal to a different audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1